Hatfields Road off The Cut SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 30 July 2017 5.06pm
This minor though VIP little route appears too narrow to take all the various traffic foisted upon it especially during these weekend events or and terrorist activity.in general ...and it is two way. I have suggested to Lambeth and LBS that they make this a one way street as it is borderline territory but it appears neither side wishes to give way as on Lambeth side Benson n Tait House is obviously residents , disabled and general parking. Can anyone think of a solution to this impasse as Hatfields is far too narrow and bendy with many unexpected snares for the unwary visitor motorist etc tearing down or up the road circa 60 miles per hour which I have witnessed ...I am surprised there are not more accidents there actually
Sunday 30 July 2017 5.13pm
I just saw a couple of motorists verbally abusing each other whilst the black cab gaily sailed along the pavement to pass them
Sunday 30 July 2017 5.17pm
I just saw a couple of motorists verbally abusing each other whilst the black cab gaily sailed along the pavement to pass them. Its medieval land also so not unduly so not a straight run which motor bikes and sports cars don't appear to fully appreciate
Sunday 30 July 2017 5.48pm
resource1 wrote:
This minor though VIP little route appears too narrow to take all the various traffic foisted upon it especially during these weekend events or and terrorist activity.

Oh yes, those pesky "weekend events or and terrorist activities".
Monday 31 July 2017 10.19am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
resource1 wrote:
This minor though VIP little route appears too narrow to take all the various traffic foisted upon it especially during these weekend events or and terrorist activity.

Oh yes, those pesky "weekend events or and terrorist activities".

LOL
Monday 31 July 2017 6.11pm
resource1 wrote:
This minor though VIP little route appears too narrow to take all the various traffic foisted upon it especially during these weekend events or and terrorist activity.in general ...and it is two way. I have suggested to Lambeth and LBS that they make this a one way street as it is borderline territory but it appears neither side wishes to give way as on Lambeth side Benson n Tait House is obviously residents , disabled and general parking. Can anyone think of a solution to this impasse as Hatfields is far too narrow and bendy with many unexpected snares for the unwary visitor motorist etc tearing down or up the road circa 60 miles per hour which I have witnessed ...I am surprised there are not more accidents there actually
I had a walk along Hatfields this afternoon (Monday). In all the time it took me to walk the length of it there were 8 motor vehicles passing along it, 6 southbound and 2 northbound - half of them were black cabs. Plus a couple of northbound cyclists. I'm sure you're right, resource1, that there are occasions (cyclist and terrorist events?) when it gets overused/misused/abused, but are they sufficient to warrant turning it into one-way and rousing the further wrath of the poor downtrodden and perpetually wingeing motorists? (Or do you want to risk the LTDA sending round their heavies to smash your windows?)
Zoe
Tuesday 1 August 2017 9.45pm
Living on Hatfields I would be very pleased to make it one way, but it really doesn't experience a lot of traffic.
Wednesday 2 August 2017 7.26am
Zoe wrote:
Living on Hatfields I would be very pleased to make it one way, but it really doesn't experience a lot of traffic.

Even during terrorist attacks?
Zoe
Thursday 3 August 2017 10.12pm
It's the taxi protests that are bad, they totally block us in.
Friday 4 August 2017 9.08am
[quote Zoe]Living on Hatfields I would be very pleased to make it one way, but it really doesn't experience a lot of traffic.[/quote. But when it does ...boy does it get busy and noisy
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: