airport taxi recommendation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 2 August 2017 5.41pm
Have had some shocking experiences lately with airport taxi companies. I am currently travelling regularly with large amounts of luggage and need a company that will remember to send a large car when I book one, that will observe the instructions about how to reach my house, and that will generally just act in an intelligent and reliable way. Anyone got up-to-date knowledge on a good company? Thank you in advance.
Thursday 3 August 2017 9.47am
Michelle, you will no doubt be inundated with well meant and sincere suggestions to call Acme Cars, Bob's Cabs, Ted's Taxis etc. etc., and it is your prerogative to take that advice if you wish.
Colour me prejudiced, but as a retired 'black cab' driver, I'd suggest that you check out gett.com, or call Radio Taxis on 020 7272 0272, and discuss your requirements.
Sure, they may not be the cheapest option, but they'll know the best way to get you there, and be able to use bus/taxi lanes too, plus they're reliable, and will take cash or credit cards.
Good luck with your trip, whichever choice you go for.
Thursday 3 August 2017 12.25pm
Thank you for that. I did end up using a black cab recently because Tom, Dick, Harry & Acme had got it terribly wrong. The driver cheerfully loaded up the cab with seven suitcases, got us skilfully out of London, and it was well worth the extra cost just to feel safe in the hands of a professional.
Friday 4 August 2017 10.18am
Thanks Michelle, my work here is done,
a big thank you from London's finest.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network