Kwikfit NKR redevelopment

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 12 August 2017 2.58pm
There's a proposal to redevelop Kwikfit site on New Kent Road to retail on ground floor and lots of residential.
Website here: https://www.136newkentroad.co.uk/ysu685xujunkp299hhh9zdzbyncy1c

Comments were invited by 4 August - I understand this is feedback in advance of the formal planning application.

Related news & features

Zoe
Sunday 13 August 2017 9.54pm
Oh no, that kwik fit is really useful
Tuesday 15 August 2017 6.07pm
I've not seen any info about where the nearest one will be once this closes or indeed what the timetable is for this ... if they don't have planning approval yet it must be a while away I guess.
Wednesday 16 August 2017 9.12pm
SophieLondon wrote:
I've not seen any info about where the nearest one will be once this closes or indeed what the timetable is for this ... if they don't have planning approval yet it must be a while away I guess.

There is another KwikFit branch down the Old Kent Road, just before TorysRUs. If anyone gets a puncture and is unable to drive to a KwikFit, I can recommend AA Mobile Tyre Service. I used them last month and was very satisfied.
Thursday 31 August 2017 8.39am
One elements of the proposal I was concerned about is proposed loading bay on NKR - I've received a response - see below... Hmmmm

Q: The addition of a loading bay on New Kent Road gives me concern about the passage of buses along this road at peak periods. The drawing implies that the loading bay would intersect the bus lane and the normal traffic lane along NKR is often at a standstill meaning that buses can only progress when they have full use of the bus lane - any obstruction to that lane would be a serious issue.

A: Capital Homes is working with TfL and the highways department at LB Southwark to ensure the proposed servicing bay area is functional and does not impact on the bus lane like you say. The servicing bay will have time restrictions on its usage to ensure it does not conflict with traffic passing along the New Kent Road.
Thursday 2 November 2017 9.10am
Planning application now submitted:

http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk:8190/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=_STHWR_DCAPR_9575277

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network