Rats in Emma Cons Gardens

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Sunday 15 October 2017 10.11pm
I stopped to look at the part where the plants had been removed, and within seconds I had seen two rats.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 15 October 2017 11.30pm
Offer still stands, if you need me to get somebody down with an air rifle. (fully insured responsible;le adults with all the right kit)
Tuesday 17 October 2017 1.27pm
Clarey wrote:
They have now removed half of the garden, I rescued 18 plants and trees being thrown in the skip, result! I did check for rats before re planting. Apparently Lambeth Council has sold that part now.

Another pop up shop coming soon?
Wednesday 18 October 2017 5.58pm
Iím sad to see the lovely plants gone but unfortunately it was necessary. I donít understand why theyíve left 1/3 of the are still planted though. There are just as many rats, theyíre just nesting in a smaller area. Iím going to chase it up with Lambeth tomorrow
Thursday 19 October 2017 10.01am
Mrs b walked past there last night and said she saw, for the first time ever, a pack of rats, about 10-15 of them.
Friday 20 October 2017 6.33pm
Yes itís teally shocking how many there are, itís worse than ever. Had no luck finding anyone at Lambeth who could help me today so I think itís time to contact the councillors now
Friday 20 October 2017 7.41pm
It will probably all be paved over soon with some fancy food market, they will remove the rats then for sure, the lunchtime food market down Lower Marsh won't survive through numerous hotels being built and demolishing and rebuilding works, I was watching a huge bulldozer down there the other day, it was like watching a big greedy mouth belonging to property developers.
Thursday 2 November 2017 10.48am
Has the situation improved? I stood and watched for a while this week and didn't see any rats (in contrast to previous visits).

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 2 November 2017 4.23pm
Saw them take the last of the plants out today, concrete next week I guess.
Monday 6 November 2017 11.07am
Saw three or four running about last night as we passed, so they're still about.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: