Carpenter recommendation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 19 August 2017 1.56pm
Looking for a carpenter to hang 5 doors and a couple of other jobs.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated .
Saturday 20 January 2018 5.18pm
Hi all

We'd also be interested if anyone knows of someone. We're having our windows replaced and we need help taking down some shutters and blinds and then putting them back up again once the windows are in. There may also be work to do to the plaster around the window frames?

The work is scheduled for the 29th Jan so we need someone asap!

Thanks
Sunday 21 January 2018 4.20pm
Possibly a job that Rob Lancaster (07950190530) could tackle. There are other recommendations for him on this site.
Monday 22 January 2018 9.29am
Thumbs up for Rob. He's a very skilled carpenter and we've used him many times
Monday 22 January 2018 5.21pm
Yep - we also use Rob for all odd jobs - reliable and affordable!
Wednesday 24 January 2018 7.53pm
Thanks to everyone who replied.

We called Rob, he came out on Sunday to quote and we've given him the job. He seems like a very nice bloke so far, and I'll put a review on afterwards to let you know how we get on.

Thanks again.

Hils
Monday 26 March 2018 6.48pm
How did it go Hils? We need a carpenter soon so interested in the result!
Monday 26 March 2018 7.49pm
Sorry, I meant to update you all sooner.

Rob has been pretty fantastic so far. He's put up our 2 shutters and we have him coming back in May to replace a radiator for us.

On that note - I gave Rob the wrong measurements for the radiator, so we tried to take it back to Selco ourselves to do an exchange (Rob very kindly gave us his Trade Card number to use to take it back). As it turns out, they won't exchange, just refund and then you re-buy. Out of desperation, we rang Rob on a Sunday afternoon, and bless him, he came all the way over to Selco and helped us swap the radiator!! Luckily he happened to be working anyway or I would have felt even more guilty than I did.

Anyway, all in all a top bloke!
Thursday 7 June 2018 3.51pm
Hi does rob have an email address he can be contacted on

Thanks

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network