Maplin OKR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 August 2017 12.11pm
Does anyone know why/when Maplin on Old Kent Road closed? Have they relocated? It only opened in 2015. I can see work is underway to turn it into yet another Carpet Right.
Monday 21 August 2017 5.26pm
Unfortunately, my suggestion would be because everything they sold could be found for substantially less money online. Their products were extortionate, and this early closure was predicted by my husband the moment their signs went up 18 months ago.

That said - i was hoping for something more exciting than a Carpet Right to replace it....
Monday 21 August 2017 8.27pm
legz_eleven wrote:
Unfortunately, my suggestion would be because everything they sold could be found for substantially less money online. Their products were extortionate, and this early closure was predicted by my husband the moment their signs went up 18 months ago.

Yep. I went in there looking for a HDMI to VGA cable or adaptor. Forty quid they wanted. Available online, instantly searchable on my phone while I was standing in the shop, for between a fiver and a tenner. I needed one, but not urgently enough to pay 400%.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network