Brilliant idea - Borough Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 23 August 2017 2.50pm
The new waterfountains are an excellent idea. We should roll them out all across london. I suspect it would save huge quantities of plastic if you knew that free water was always available.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9368

Related news & features

Wednesday 23 August 2017 3.32pm
I think it's a great idea, and agree that drinking fountains should be spread across London.

My home town (Rome), is full of drinking fountains, and now a new model has been introduced that dispenses both still and sparkling water. These free fountains also have charging points for mobile phones and incorporate a compactor bin for used plastic bottles.

Friday 25 August 2017 12.14am
Well done, Borough Market. I hope others follow their lead.

I noticed London Zoo are doing something similar https://www.zsl.org/sites/default/files/media/2016-06/%23OneLess%20-%20What%20ZSL%20London%20Zoo%20and%20ZSL%20Whipsnade%20Zoo%20are%20doing.pdf
(I know it's out of area but an iconic London institution too).
Friday 25 August 2017 5.22am
And so does Kew Gardens!
Friday 25 August 2017 8.47am
Every park had a drinking fountain years ago.
Saturday 26 August 2017 8.33pm
Public drinking fountains are an absolute game changer. This is truly unique and has never been tried before. I do hope they catch on.
What other brilliant ideas do they have up their sleeve? A horseless carriage, perhaps or maybe some type of powered flying machine.
Saturday 26 August 2017 8.58pm
Another failed Boris idea about doing this when the idiot was first elected as mayor
On a positive note the should be on every street corner everybody is dehydrated in this city
Sunday 27 August 2017 7.51am
I've always carried a litre drinking bottle around with me as a habit from my distant travels and, as now, working on a construction site, a second. Public fountains will certainly make it easier to keep them topped up; now we just need the return of public toilets to deal with the consequences of all that extra fluid.
Sunday 27 August 2017 11.36am
Tolstoy wrote:
I've always carried a litre drinking bottle around with me as a habit from my distant travels and, as now, working on a construction site, a second. Public fountains will certainly make it easier to keep them topped up; now we just need the return of public toilets to deal with the consequences of all that extra fluid.

It seems really odd that with a growing population we had got rid of all the public toilets. It seems perverse to buy a coffee to use the wc and then sometime later....

Maybe there was a period in the 90s when people stopped needing to pee

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: