St Mungos - anti social behaviour

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Thursday 24 August 2017 6.16pm
Hello everyone

I am writing to let you know that our local MP,Neil Coyle, is meeting with Southwark Council and St Mungos on the 5th September to discuss how to best reduce the continuing anti-social behaviour / noise in our area as a result of St Mungo residents

I would really appreciate it, if readers who might also have concerns / recommendations on how to solve, to contact Neil prior to the meeting

Neil's contact details are:
Tel: 020 7232 4640
Email:neil.coyle.mp@parliament.uk

All the best
Friday 25 August 2017 12.05am
Hi Terry

Sorry that you're subject to excess noise and anti-social behaviour. I'm probably lucky not to have it directly on my doorstep.

I can't imagine I'd feel overtly social or appeasing of society norms if I were homeless, marginalised and ignored.

I don't have a magic answer by any means, but homelessness is an ever increasing issue in the UK, our cities especially, and St Mungo's and the like are offering a bit of relief to people who are struggling.

Of course voice your genuine issues, you should feel safe in your neighbourhood, but (nothing in your post suggested you want to do this) please don't push homelessness out of sight. People first, homeless second.

X
Friday 25 August 2017 7.03am
Hi
Can you describe the anti social behaviour please.
Thanks
Friday 25 August 2017 7.55am
TerryT wrote:
Hello everyone
I am writing to let you know that our local MP,Neil Coyle, is meeting with Southwark Council and St Mungos on the 5th September to discuss how to best reduce the continuing anti-social behaviour / noise in our area as a result of St Mungo residents

I would really appreciate it, if readers who might also have concerns / recommendations on how to solve, to contact Neil prior to the meeting

Neil's contact details are:
Tel: 020 7232 4640
Email:neil.coyle.mp@parliament.uk

All the best

Hi Terry, which site are you referring to here? I think they have a couple of locations in SE1?
Friday 25 August 2017 10.18am
This thread is about Great Guildford Street. There have been threads in the past where similar issues have been raised.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 25 August 2017 6.07pm
TerryT wrote:
how to best reduce the continuing anti-social behaviour / noise in our area as a result of St Mungo residents

What exactly have these St Mungo residents done that is so anti-social?
Tuesday 29 August 2017 11.43am
Thank you Terry for informing us of this.
I shall email Neil.
Friday 1 September 2017 11.48am
Se16lucy wrote:

I can't imagine I'd feel overtly social or appeasing of society norms if I were homeless,

X

Does this mean that if you are homeless your anti-social behavior should be tolerated by the community supporting you?

... even when your anti-social behavior threatens the service for those who are struggling and who really need support?

Interesting view.
Friday 1 September 2017 12.12pm
faraday wrote:
Se16lucy wrote:

I can't imagine I'd feel overtly social or appeasing of society norms if I were homeless,

X

Does this mean that if you are homeless your anti-social behavior should be tolerated by the community supporting you?

... even when your anti-social behavior threatens the service for those who are struggling and who really need support?

Interesting view.

Perhaps not, but if you have mental health issues (bit of a chicken and egg thing with the homeless as is substance abuse) then tolerated it must be.

That's not to say I am without sympathy, especially where children are concerned, but we have an afflicted person next door to us, he bothers us, but we TRY to understand, at least.
Friday 1 September 2017 12.14pm
Riverside67 wrote:
Thank you Terry for informing us of this.
I shall email Neil.

Have you experienced this behaviour yourself?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: