Tuesday 31 October 2017 2.56pm
Please find a quick update from my meeting with St Mungos, Southwark Council
and Neil Coyle
s' office below.
St Mungo have actioned the following:
1) hourly checks during the day and half hourly checks at night to ensure their residents are not on the hanging around/drinking on the street
2) added anti social behaviour review at daily staff meeting agenda
3) ensure staff continue to discuss and manage the situation with hostel residents regularly + be proactive in managing the issue
4) engaged with Council/Police to make the area a no alcohol zone e.g. community support officers can confiscate alcohol if people are found drinking on the street
5) engaged with better bankside to address some others issues e.g. empty cans, dog mess etc.
6) fixed the security gate
Overall, I am pleased to say things have certainly improved but there is further progress to be made
Potentially Neil's office will be writing to local residents and businesses seeking their views - if this does happen, I would encourage their effected to respond. In the meantime please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and detail the issues / problems
In addition the Borough is currently undertaking a homeless strategy review, where our concerns will ( and recommendations e.g. ban dogs from the hostel, make the hostel alcohol/drug free ) be brought to the attention of the review - but we have been encouraged to write to the Council directly
We have agreed to meet every 6 weeks to ensure progress continues and things do not slip back to how they were - please post on this thread any issues you would like me to raise.