Lesoco college. The cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 25 August 2017 9.49pm
Once again this building is set for change apparently.....it was never going to succeed as a college as I suspect it was always envisaged as a hotel or department store from my understanding. Will it be a !usury hotel or John Lewis etc?
Saturday 26 August 2017 7.51am
Well, there isn't a Pret A Manger for a couple of hundred metres, so I suppose that's an option, too.
Saturday 26 August 2017 8.19am
Hope it's a Pret Fred.
Monday 28 August 2017 3.46pm
Well is has succeeded as a college since at least the late 60s / early 70s, when it was Southwark College. This goes way back beyond its new incarnation as Lesoco. I had no idea anything new was planned for that site - another hotel - yippee!!
Tuesday 29 August 2017 1.25pm
Let's hope it's a budget hotel: perhaps it'll reduce the demand for AirBnb in residential blocks...
Saturday 2 September 2017 9.36am
That sounds quite heartfelt, Marco. It's horrendous to be near one. The downside of budget hotels is that you have to have food brought in or eat out, expensively. An attraction of the dratted holiday lets is the kitchen.
I booked a room in Union Street Travelodge for a friend late September, no frills, no insurance, 101. I thought that they were supposed to be cheap! Location, location.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network