Manned tills in Tesco BHS

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 27 August 2017 1.46pm
For the third consecutive weekend, I have visited this store and there have been no manned tills, and no people to man them.
I thought we had a choice.

Today somebody wanted to buy some cigarettes, the, apparently, only person working in the store, went behind the counter, got the cigarettes, and then went to the self service till, with the customer to pay.

I was so incensed, after getting excited and waiting behind cigarette man thinking I was going to get served by a human, that I put my bottle of water down and stormed out and off to the Sainsbury's opposite, which was closed!

I had to drink warm tap water at the gym.

How greedy are these companies?
Monday 28 August 2017 12.53pm
Very
Wednesday 30 August 2017 10.46am
What is the logic in replacing a person with a machine which means that there is a worse customer experience and one less person in work with all the positive benefits that brings?

I try and always use the real person queues, I dont see the point in having thousands of robots and an equivalent number of unemployed
Wednesday 30 August 2017 10.15pm
I dig my heels in and wait until a human comes to the tills. I am inevitably offered help by a shop assistant, to which I retort " I am doing this on principle for you and your job." Blank look. Sigh.
Friday 1 September 2017 8.30am
Tower Bridge Road has been the same recently, the self service till took my money but gave no change, the queue got longer and longer waiting for a member of staff to come and have a look. On count there were 3 members of staff on the shop floor none on the tills.
Friday 1 September 2017 11.01am
vote with your feet (or wallet) - just another reason to boycott Túsco.
Friday 1 September 2017 11.16am
I'm surprised Tesco in Tower Bridge Road no longer has manned tills: it's a nice one, which stocks lots of nice products.
The one at E&C (which is not a nice one) always has 2 or 3 manned tills, or maybe I'm just lucky?
Friday 8 September 2017 10.02am
rimby wrote:
I dig my heels in and wait until a human comes to the tills. I am inevitably offered help by a shop assistant, to which I retort " I am doing this on principle for you and your job." Blank look. Sigh.
I'm glad I'm not the only one to do the same and state the same to staff in shops.
Well done. Techie stuff is great, but only in conjunction with real people who have jobs and can humanly interact.
Friday 8 September 2017 10.30am
amusing exchange at Tesco NKR - I'd been to Tesco Extra at Surrey Quays at the weekend (3 Sept) and found I'd got a product that went out of date 25 Aug! Tesco Customer Service by phone told me to return it to any nearby branch for a refund... Manager in NKR didn't want to take it because he says the branch doesn't sell that range so couldn't restock it to the shelf.... DOH!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: