Anti social behaviour Elephant & Castle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 29 August 2017 12.13am
I went for a stroll round the Faraday monument about midnight yesterday and it was like the Wild West! Lots of drunken people swilling huge amounts of alcohol from the rather nice new benches, individuals vomiting and people sprawled all over the place. One guy, with glee, smashed two empty spirit bottles against a telephone box and there was much swearing and raging. Not a copper in sight. Goodness knows what visitors to the area must have thought. Yet ten minutes down the road near the Borough Market it was very civilised and relaxed. Anti social behaviour at the Elephant appears to be getting worse. I'm really not liking living here.
Tuesday 29 August 2017 11.40am
I would add that I have seen men pee against the Faraday building on at least 3 occasions in broad daylight on weekends on my way back from Tesco's. Quite revolting attitude.
Tuesday 29 August 2017 12.27pm
It's not exclusive to the Elephant.
We get it at the Borough too, yes, near the civilised Borough Market.
Tuesday 29 August 2017 5.27pm
Riverside67 wrote:
It's not exclusive to the Elephant.
We get it at the Borough too, yes, near the civilised Borough Market.

That little green bit near Vapiano on Southwark street is a popular urinal with both men and dogs. During the day you then have children and adults lying of playing on the green, enjoying the sunshine. Yuk.
Wednesday 30 August 2017 10.29am
If only there were some organisation, responsible for public health and the environment, that provided places for people to go to the toilet hygienically - looking at the council map, there are no public toilets anywhere near either E&C or Borough that are open in the evenings.

Years ago, when this was a much poorer economy, we had public toilets. What's changed?
Wednesday 30 August 2017 11.06am
[quote Rambling Phil]If only there were some organisation, responsible for public health and the environment, that provided places for people to go to the toilet hygienically - looking at the council map, there are no public toilets anywhere near either E&C or Borough that are open in the evenings.

Years ago, when this was a much poorer economy, we had public toilets. What's changed?[/
quote]

"There's no such thing as society, it's every man for himself".
Wednesday 30 August 2017 11.36am
Maybe the problem was that they were always so grotty. I would be happy with an attendant and a 20p charge. The charge can be made voluntary to not put off those who would rather relieve themselves in broad daylight
Wednesday 30 August 2017 12.00pm
I don't think the people peeing on the Faraday memorial would be so civilised to use a public toilet.

Two of the "rather nice new benches" had the wooden bit on top removed the other day, by the Wild West crowd I assume. Or perhaps by the skaters so they can use them again.

Don't we have CCTV cameras in the square? And is anyone actually looking at the recordings?
Wednesday 30 August 2017 12.15pm
Boroughonian I'm curious to know the source of your quote, it's definitely not the Mrs T one.

https://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/106689

".......there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour. People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation."
Wednesday 30 August 2017 2.35pm
MiltonF wrote:
Boroughonian I'm curious to know the source of your quote, it's definitely not the Mrs T one.
https://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/106689

".......there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour. People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation."

Spoilsport.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: