Anti social behaviour Elephant & Castle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 30 August 2017 4.55pm
Lol ;O)
Friday 1 September 2017 9.26pm
10.00 am this morning in bright morning sunshine two men were urinating on the wall of Bakerloo line tube station. They then proceeded to verbally abuse a guy with small child who had made a remark about the vile behaviour. They then turned on me for looking at them in disgust. So depressing.
Monday 4 September 2017 1.22pm
I've lived in Elephant for 7 years and pass through there at least once a day and have never found myself so desperate for the toilet I needed to urinate on a building. That said, there's a serious lack of toilets in an area that's proposed, and fast developing, as a more social place. Why not install some of the pop up urinals like in other parts of London. Oh sorry, they'll need to be gender neutral, so that won't work ;-)

I'm tired of hearing that the design and planning of Elephant is bad. It's not perfect.
No...its those who live in our local community (whose needs are apparently not being served) that are urinating, defacing, damaging and littering their own front yard.
Tuesday 5 September 2017 8.36am
Emperor Nero fiddling while Rome burns springs to mind.....in SO many ways we have sown the seed....and now are reaping the whirlwind!!!!
Tuesday 5 September 2017 1.25pm
dbmc wrote:
I've lived in Elephant for 7 years and pass through there at least once a day and have never found myself so desperate for the toilet I needed to urinate on a building. That said, there's a serious lack of toilets in an area that's proposed, and fast developing, as a more social place. Why not install some of the pop up urinals like in other parts of London. Oh sorry, they'll need to be gender neutral, so that won't work ;-)
I'm tired of hearing that the design and planning of Elephant is bad. It's not perfect.
No...its those who live in our local community (whose needs are apparently not being served) that are urinating, defacing, damaging and littering their own front yard.

It's not as if the new development has taken away loads of public urinals, it has taken away loads of bog standard pubs though. Yes, there is the Spoons, but these street drinkers aren't homeless, just skint.
So, I feel that the development of the area, not just E&C, has a bit to answer for. Being the cynic that I am, I think the end game is for that type of person to be ushered out of the area, along with St Mungos etc.
Saturday 9 September 2017 5.14pm
We get anti social behaviour where we are in Bermondsey. These kids on motor bikes ride up and down our side turning and use it as a speed way. Previously tenants rang police and it took them an hour to turn up, by then the bike kids had gone. We get little to no help from police now or any services. and if we do it ourselves are told not to do anything. So we are supposed to live in silence with loud bikes riding up and down and cant open our windows as it stinks of petrol in our living rooms. When neighbours told them to move on they ignored them and continued riding up and down. we have blokes coming out of the pub and peeing up the wall and you can see everything.
Sunday 10 September 2017 8.36am
I am sure women and children could also just urinate on the streets but something stops them but we need more toilets.
Sunday 10 September 2017 7.25pm
Free public toilets and drinking fountains are the sign of a good administration.

If the local authorities can't (or won't build public restrooms), they should pass bylaws that allow any person caught short is entitled to use the toilets in pubs and restaurants without the need to be a patron of these establishments.

If they are told that the toilets are out of order, then these places should be shut down.
Sunday 10 September 2017 10.09pm
Jules62 wrote:
Free public toilets and drinking fountains are the sign of a good administration.
If the local authorities can't (or won't build public restrooms), they should pass bylaws that allow any person caught short is entitled to use the toilets in pubs and restaurants without the need to be a patron of these establishments.

If they are told that the toilets are out of order, then these places should be shut down.

I think it's the King's Arms on Newcomen Street that has a sign that says something along the lines of Toilets for patrons only, but if you donate 50 p (no "pun" intended) towards a so and so charity, you can use it anyway. I am more than happy to pay 50 p for a wee when I get caught short.
Monday 11 September 2017 6.35am
With the Community Toilets scheme, pubs have a notice in the window saying they support the scheme and anyone can use their loos but not sure if this would work in tourist areas? I usually offer a donation if the pub has a charity box and sometimes they say thanks, but no need to donate. This happened recently at a pub on the embankment near the north side of Vauxhall Bridge. Otherwise pubs are usually happy to accept a donation but don't specify the amount. Incidentally I was recently in Victoria Station where the loos are now free. I was told that was the result of a legal case but don't know anything more about that. Sadly, free public loos are probably becoming less available.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network