Ice cream van blocking Tower Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 11 September 2017 3.58pm
Nope - still there in the same spot for the last two Saturdays.
Wednesday 4 October 2017 3.04pm
Here's my reply from TFL...

Dear Mr Pike,
Thanks for your online submission of 24 September regarding the ice cream van which has been parking illegally on Tower Bridge Road.
Im sorry for the inconvenience this has been causing you but nonetheless, I do appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention.
Were aware of an ice cream van operating at Tower Bridge without a trading license. Were liaising with the City of London Police (CoLP), the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) and the London Boroughs of Southwark and Tower Hamlets to resolve this.
TfL funded PCSOs from the MPS are issuing tickets against any parking violations.TfL and CoLP have been in touch with the trader in question to ask them to stop trading at this location.
Hopefully you will soon see an improvement.
Thanks again for contacting us. If there is anything else we can help you with, please reply to this email. Alternatively, you can call us on 0343 222 1234 and we'll be happy to help you.
Wednesday 4 October 2017 3.31pm
So it needs TFL, City of London Police (CoLP), the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) and the London Boroughs of Southwark and Tower Hamlets to resolve this.

Wow, unbelievable!
Wednesday 4 October 2017 7.01pm
Too many chefs...
Wednesday 4 October 2017 10.59pm
Nick Pike wrote:
Here's my reply from TFL...
Dear Mr Pike,
Thanks for your online submission of 24 September regarding the ice cream van which has been parking illegally on Tower Bridge Road.
Im sorry for the inconvenience this has been causing you but nonetheless, I do appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention.
Were aware of an ice cream van operating at Tower Bridge without a trading license. Were liaising with the City of London Police (CoLP), the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) and the London Boroughs of Southwark and Tower Hamlets to resolve this.
TfL funded PCSOs from the MPS are issuing tickets against any parking violations.TfL and CoLP have been in touch with the trader in question to ask them to stop trading at this location.
Hopefully you will soon see an improvement.
Thanks again for contacting us. If there is anything else we can help you with, please reply to this email. Alternatively, you can call us on 0343 222 1234 and we'll be happy to help you.

There's a classic line in this, that gives the reason why the vendor can park where he likes, when he likes, and for as long as he likes, and never have a sleepless night about being prosecuted.
It's "TFL AND CoLP HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE TRADER IN QUESTION, TO ASK THEM TO STOP TRADING AT THIS LOCATION.
That's no different to me walking out of Waitrose with 5 kilos of fillet steak, and the police ASKING me to not do it again.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: