Antico closing!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Thursday 31 August 2017 6.13am
I've just read that Antico is closing down on 24th September.

After Zucca we now have no italian restaurants on B'sey Street :-(. Luckily there's still The wonderful Fine Foods on Long Lane and Cafe Amishe on Grange Road tho.

Anyone know what happened? Rent increases driving businesses out again?
Thursday 31 August 2017 6.59am
I got an email stating due to increase in rent etc they are unable ton continue. Very sad to lose any great restaurant in the area.
Thursday 31 August 2017 9.54am
Yes what a real shame. Great restaurant. I wonder when this trend of places shutting on Bermondsey St ends? I don't understand the mentality of the landlords. So they jack up rent and people move out and the places stay vacant for long periods. Seems like they have really misjudged it. There are now about 3 or 4 vacant shops on the street. I guess the natural next step is for the bigger chains to move in as they can afford the rent even if the branch is uneconomical standalone.

Just seems silly.
Thursday 31 August 2017 10.20am
The rent must be going up a lot, given it's a busy little restaurant. I really hope we don't end up with a costa or something like that.

This is such a lovely place to go and eat.
Thursday 31 August 2017 4.00pm
I'm very disappointed, it's my favourite place to eat on the St. :(
Thursday 7 September 2017 7.21am
Damn, such a bummer :/ Me and my family spent many weekends there. Gonna try with Fine Foods then.

Best wishes,
Kate
Thursday 7 September 2017 10.01am
That's a shame, is the downstairs bar 214 Bermondsey closing too?
Thursday 7 September 2017 11.21am
Commercial landlords are destroying London. Is there nothing the local councillors can do?
Thursday 7 September 2017 11.38am
We ate there in the week and spoke to a waiter who said that the restaurant is closing as the owner did not want to compromise the product, but the bar is being refurbished and will remain. We surmised the refurb may include building its own entrance as its currently shared with Antico itself.
Monday 11 September 2017 12.02am
oh well no great loss there Antico has horrid smells coming out of it onto LONG LANE dont like the smell of it at all not great so no loss in my books i just hope they put something nice and cheap there a coffee shop or sarnie bar
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network