Antico closing!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Monday 11 September 2017 10.03am
Very sad to see Antico go. A great restaurant always had a nice buzz and the food was always excellent.
Monday 11 September 2017 11.28am
londonrocks wrote:
oh well no great loss there Antico has horrid smells coming out of it onto LONG LANE dont like the smell of it at all not great so no loss in my books i just hope they put something nice and cheap there a coffee shop or sarnie bar

Never noticed these supposed bad smells!

Actually for a lot of us it is a loss as this is a great restaurant, the last thing we need is another identikit coffee shop or "sarnie bar"
Monday 11 September 2017 11.33am
There is a bad smell when you pass it along long lane, but for me this was a small price to pay for a lovely independently owned place to eat.
Monday 11 September 2017 6.04pm
There are bad smells walk past the glass side doors where the vents are on long lane thats where the smell is bad gotta feel sorry for the flats above

Its not as you say "a great restaurant" ive been in there once and hated the meal and the staff were rude not nice at all then theres the smell outside

Hopefully what ever is there next is better has nicer smell and is not a poxy wine bar or tappas bar
Wednesday 13 September 2017 6.28pm
Have to agree with londonrocks - this place does smell and always have to put my hand over my nose when walking past along Long Lane. I alway thought this site had a great potential, I suppose with the outlook on two sides, but Antico has never lived up to that.
Wednesday 13 September 2017 9.29pm
Well I am surprised by the unkindness and lack of neighbourliness. Despite living close by, I do not recognise the negative comments.

Thank you Antico and the team.
Thursday 14 September 2017 9.01am
Jridley68, it's nice you have positive things to say about a local business, but I wouldn't call a frank expression of opinion on the part of two (well, three if you include Luke) "unkindness and lack of neighbourliness". Unless you are suggesting, which I don't think you are, that London Rocks, Luke and Peter have colluded to invent the unpleasant smell, it seems to be an incontrovertible fact that, to put it simply, the place stinks! Indeed, some might say that the lack of lack of neighbourliness stems from the establishment itself if it is allowing foul odours to escape. Let's hope the new occupants of the premises have more kindness and good will towards neighbours...
Sunday 17 September 2017 5.54pm
I went for the last time on Friday evening, I'm going to miss their pork shoulder tortelloni :(
Tuesday 19 September 2017 3.41pm
The food there and the service is absolutely excellent. Im really sad to see it go.
Wednesday 20 September 2017 5.45pm
Jesus Gavin, this isn't an episode of Colombo.

We went for a farewell meal there and the reasons for them moving out are the rents and Brexit, they had already lost their main Italian chefs last week. Better to have loved and lost as they say....and 214 is staying.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: