Antico closing!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Wednesday 20 September 2017 7.10pm
No, Jinkazama, it isn't an episode of Colombo, but I wanted to lend support to London Rocks et al as there seems to be a (growing) tendency on this site by some to dismiss as untrue anything said by newer, perhaps less eloquent, contributors to the forum.
Thursday 21 September 2017 1.59pm
Ah i see how this Forum is im a new person here

not new to the area tho ive lived in this area for the last couple years but hey if people on this forum are too self centred and dont like other peoples views perhaps they should go take a running jump im entitled to my opinion of a place all i said was that it has a horrid smell coming from the Long Lane side of it

im not gonna retract that as its true but hey i guess im not entitled to that opinion im sorry
Thursday 21 September 2017 4.04pm
London Rocks, no, stay and share your opinions. The forum will be a better place for it, I'm sure. Ignore the swiping comments from others.
Sunday 24 September 2017 2.39pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
London Rocks, no, stay and share your opinions. The forum will be a better place for it, I'm sure. Ignore the swiping comments from others.

I agree with Gavin, stay and share, although one minor suggestion, use some Caps, commas, and full stops, makes for an easier read, okay?
Monday 25 September 2017 5.03pm
Rent was not mentioned by the owner in his explanation. Reduction of margins and negative outlook following Brexit is what we got told.

I loved Antico - for me the best and most consistent pasta dishes in London.

One thing that I always missed though was some kind of recognition towards loyalty. I never got anything as a thank you for being such a loyal customer. And I have been MANY times.
Monday 25 September 2017 5.40pm
I agree with you longlane79. I went on Sunday too and Nick the owner was there. Like you my wife and I have been there together many times and have even taken friends and family on several occasions. Nick just waived from afar on Sunday. A 'thank you' for your custom would have been a nice thing for him to have done.

When they first opened, they messed up the bill and actually PUT money into my account, rather than take it. On realising this, I went back and explained what had happened and settled up - not a thank you then either.

If it wasn't for the staff, the pasta and wine list, I would never have gone back.
Monday 25 September 2017 6.24pm
Yep, real shame, will miss their pork shoulder tortellini! Did always wonder what the smell was on Long Lane though.

Fine Foods and Via Bermondsey are fantastic Italian restaurants also.

It's such a shame great places are being driven out by rising rents and business rates.
Monday 25 September 2017 7.27pm
LukeGrangeWalker wrote:
I agree with you longlane79. I went on Sunday too and Nick the owner was there. Like you my wife and I have been there together many times and have even taken friends and family on several occasions. Nick just waived from afar on Sunday. A 'thank you' for your custom would have been a nice thing for him to have done.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one then. I brought so much business to them and raved about the place to anyone I know. Nick had a perfect opportunity to offer us something the other night. A glass of dessert wine, coffee, etc. But he didn't. Same with all other visits, when some free olives or bread would have been enough to make a customer feel special.

Anyway, that said, the product was amazing and it deserved all the success and credit I gave it!
Tuesday 26 September 2017 8.59am
Cafe Amisha on Grange Road is brilliant for the hospitality stuff. When you have a meal you'll often get some complimentary sweet or limoncello. The food is good, but not quite as good as Antico (excepting the clam pasta which is totally delicious) but it's much cheaper in Amisha. Very popular with the local Italian community - always a good sign.
Tuesday 26 September 2017 9.35am
Café Amisha get the thumbs up from me too. No where as nice as Antico, but they have a bigger range to chose from, including pizza. The manager, I think his name is Francesco, is very hospitable and makes you feel welcome. He also as a stash of 'special' wine not on the menu that I always get the chance to order.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: