Antico closing!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Tuesday 26 September 2017 10.33am
LukeGrangeWalker wrote:
Café Amisha get the thumbs up from me too. No where as nice as Antico, but they have a bigger range to chose from, including pizza. The manager, I think his name is Francesco, is very hospitable and makes you feel welcome. He also as a stash of 'special' wine not on the menu that I always get the chance to order.

Ooh thanks for the heads up on the "special" wine, will have to give that a go. Hope the prices aren't too special! :)
Tuesday 26 September 2017 10.56am
LiviaDrusilla wrote:
LukeGrangeWalker wrote:
Café Amisha get the thumbs up from me too. No where as nice as Antico, but they have a bigger range to chose from, including pizza. The manager, I think his name is Francesco, is very hospitable and makes you feel welcome. He also as a stash of 'special' wine not on the menu that I always get the chance to order.

Ooh thanks for the heads up on the "special" wine, will have to give that a go. Hope the prices aren't too special! :)

More expensive than the list on the menu, but worth it, in my opinion off course!
Tuesday 26 September 2017 11.37am
Francesco at Amisha is great and incredibly hospitable, and if you just want to get a quick and friendly meal, it does the job, but sadly the quality of the food is by no means comparable to Antico or many other good Italian restaurants in London.

Their past dishes lack flavour and the menu hasn't changed in many years, since I first visited it.

This said, they have some great Sardinian wines worth trying!
Thursday 5 October 2017 8.43am
So the guys behind antico are Reopening in the same building on October 27 under the name flour and grape and it's going to be a wine and pasta restaurant
Friday 6 October 2017 6.15pm
Oh!

Very pleased to hear that the Close is remaining at Italian restaurant, and that it’s not becoming a Pizza Express !
Monday 9 October 2017 8.51pm
All this fuss and drama about closing, people sending messages of support, going for "last meals", and they knew from the start that they would be re-opening.

To be honest, I will go, I will keep going, I'm sure I'll love it, but the owner has disappointed me.
Tuesday 10 October 2017 5.57am
Long Lane, I could not have put it better myself
Tuesday 10 October 2017 6.59am
Amisha is a nice spot, but yes the menu could do with a refresh every so often.
Tuesday 10 October 2017 9.11am
Gavin Smith wrote:
Long Lane, I could not have put it better myself

Yes, its a bit off.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: