Tesco Great Suffolk St SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 1 September 2017 6.44pm
After shopping at the above yesterday noticed cashier had charged a higher price than advertised on 3_items ...plus charged me for a lemon that never existed. It was in fact an orange broken loose from a hole in netting bag of 5 Jaffa oranges which cashier had already charged for. My main concern is that if a product is advertised at a certain price that is what one pays..otherwise it could be construed as misrepresentation of the correct pricing which surely conflicts legally with advertisements policy. The Manager couldnt seem to see this and opined that my refund was a goodwill gesture. If this happened in Waitrose the goodwill gesture would have included a £10 gift card. I feel loathe to shop in this Tesco again... I await to hear from head office but won't hold my breath...anyone else have similar issues with supermarkets generally?
Friday 1 September 2017 9.59pm
The 'Tesco Promise' clearly states:

"If things don’t add up…

"In the unlikely event that we charge you more than the price shown on the shelf or on the product at the time of purchase, we’ll give you double the difference."

Source.

Next time hold them to their promise.
Saturday 2 September 2017 7.59am
Jules62 wrote:
The 'Tesco Promise' clearly states:
"If things don’t add up…

"In the unlikely event that we charge you more than the price shown on the shelf or on the product at the time of purchase, we’ll give you double the difference."

Source.

Next time hold them to their promise.

Thank you Jules... I shall certainly pursue this with Head Office etc
Saturday 2 September 2017 9.17am
Out of date goods mingling with fresh products keep us on our toes too. I picked up a packet of croissants in a store in Lower Marsh yesterday checked on the sell by date, it said August 1st. Found an assistant to tell, he just said "OK" .This annoys me. That little word " thanks" would have been appropriate and would have made me feel that he hadn't just put it straight back on the shelf.
In another branch of Tesco around here I found a box of slimy mushrooms on display and told an assistant. His reaction was to tell me to choose another box, and returned the rotting one to the shelf. So much for my do-gooding !
I can quite understand your frustration, Paramount. Staff training needs to be to a level where they can tell the difference between a runaway orange and a lemon, for a start. Oranges are orange, lemons are yellow.
I would have trouble reading the small print on those shelf labels, especially when not at eye level and wouldn't have thought to have to check on dates. We assume that they know what they're doing, fools that we are. Hope that you have some feedback from Tesco.
Saturday 2 September 2017 10.05am
Appreciated Sandy Pandy ty
Saturday 2 September 2017 12.07pm
Paramount wrote:
After shopping at the above yesterday noticed cashier had charged a higher price than advertised on 3_items ...plus charged me for a lemon that never existed. It was in fact an orange broken loose from a hole in netting bag of 5 Jaffa oranges which cashier had already charged for. My main concern is that if a product is advertised at a certain price that is what one pays..otherwise it could be construed as misrepresentation of the correct pricing which surely conflicts legally with advertisements policy. The Manager couldnt seem to see this and opined that my refund was a goodwill gesture. If this happened in Waitrose the goodwill gesture would have included a £10 gift card. I feel loathe to shop in this Tesco again... I await to hear from head office but won't hold my breath...anyone else have similar issues with supermarkets generally?

No one important Paramount, no one important.
Saturday 2 September 2017 5.03pm
I wonder what employees in these places get paid and what their career prospects are. A low pay isn't that bad as long as there is an incentive to get higher up and earn more. What are those incentives in a Tesco's? To stock avocados instead of toilet rolls?
Saturday 2 September 2017 7.47pm
Thanks to Jules62 I persisted with these would be fiddlers and will receive voucher in post.... a principle is a principle n rules are rules. If we start making exceptions for whatever reasons then we are on a very slippery slope to anarchy. And some customers are very old or vulnerable etc so my stand was made partly altruistically to try show Tesco they should not behave in this underhand and uncaring attitude.. I am aware of workplace disatisfction but happiness is in the heart. I hsve met unhappy staff in John Lewis etch but customers satisfaction is generslly satisfied in one-way or another.
Saturday 2 September 2017 10.44pm
Paramount wrote:
I persisted with these would be fiddlers .

I doubt the staff are fiddling, there's nothing in it for them. They're caught between a rock and a hard place: sh*t employers and sh*t customers. Little people (some customers) taking it out on even smaller people (underpaid staff)/. Hardly honourable, altruistic, dignified, anything... If you're making a stand, make one where it makes a difference.
Sunday 3 September 2017 9.47am
I am referring to Tesco etc themselves... Biz deals are rife with diddle them before they diddle you ! Didnt you know?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network