Hatfields Roadworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 5 September 2017 8.29am
More noise disruption again!!! Now what are they up to?

A wit has opined they are transferring our electricity to the river blocks top of Hatfield's etc. If we get power cuts we will know whom to blame
Zoe
Friday 8 September 2017 9.23pm
I think it's for the power to the new shell buildings
Sunday 10 September 2017 9.06am
It was originally destined to go down Roupell Street but they protested.Instead it is doing a giant diversion right down Hatfields, into The Cut, into Greet Street, Wooton Streeet and Cornwall Road
Thursday 14 September 2017 5.11pm
No millionaires living along Hatfields, then ?
Monday 18 September 2017 7.13am
What a ridiculous and narrow minded comment. Are you not aware of the many elderly folk that live along Roupell, in addition to the extremely heavy footfall the street has daily? Works would be dangerous in that location for the residents (wealthy or otherwise) and the commuters.
Monday 18 September 2017 8.05am
I do not believe 'many' elderly people live on Roupell Street, certainly not as many as live and use Hatfields. There are swarms of commuters that use Roupell Street 5 days a week but I am sure the residents would like to see the back of them even for just a couple of weeks. The truth is those who live within "The Enclave" whether they are rich or not seem to have more power and influence than their neighbours, and in this instance they have used it to the detriment of their neighbours on Hatfields.
Monday 18 September 2017 11.28am
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, although I do not agree. But is more helpful than a throwaway comment.

In any event, let's hope that the works are completed quickly, it can be an inconvenience for all that live in the vicinity.
Monday 18 September 2017 1.47pm
cmul wrote:
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, although I do not agree. But is more helpful than a throwaway comment.
In any event, let's hope that the works are completed quickly, it can be an inconvenience for all that live in the vicinity.

Best form of defence and all that....

Interested to know, which part of Thebunhouse's post do you disagree with?
Monday 18 September 2017 4.36pm
Thebunhouse wrote:
... The truth is those who live within "The Enclave" whether they are rich or not seem to have more power and influence than their neighbours, and in this instance they have used it to the detriment of their neighbours on Hatfields.

I suspect that living in a Listed Grade II street in a Conservation Area gives the inhabitants of 'The Enclave' more clout in planning matters than their neighbours, regardless of wealth, class or political connections. But it was OHRA (surely that's Octavia Hill Residents Association?) who informed us the works were diverted via Hatfields following protests from Roupell Street residents - perhaps he/she/they can enlighten us how the decision was made - or is this a spat between two neighbouring residents associations OHRA and LERA?
Monday 18 September 2017 8.50pm
It does appear Roupell area are treated with kid gloves but why should electricity need to be diverted from here to there... Haven't they got their own supply there? The traffic hold ups are awful and pollution again
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: