Gang on bikes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 10 September 2017 3.27pm
Sunday afternoon at Quadrant House and I was doing a spot of gardening.
I came out of the shed to find myself surrounded by a group of young people on bicycles. One of them called out to me with a term of inappropriate familiarity as I did not know him. He held out a small package wrapped in silver paper and said it was for me. I replied that I did not want it, thank you, and walked away. I mistakenly thought the group was seeking directions, and something felt distinctly odd in the encounter and a bit threatening.
A neighbour came in and mentioned she had seen the group cycling past being loud.
A police officer in a car close by said they were looking for this group and had had several complaints. Later three cars and a police van arrived and the group were searched. A local shop worker said drugs were found on one of them.

Anyone else spotted this group this afternoon in SE1?
Monday 11 September 2017 10.15am
They seem to be ever-present in a wide area, from Westminster Bridge to Jamaica Road, if my sightings are anything to do by. They ride as a pack, usually on the road holding up traffic, doing wheelies and verbally abusing drivers, pedestrians and cyclists. They're very intimidating and threatening. I've only seen them during the day, but would be seriously concerned if I were surrounded by them at night.
Monday 11 September 2017 2.57pm
Yes, assuming it's the same bunch, I saw them in the early part of Saturday afternoon on Grange Road riding eastbound (just before the junction with Dunton Road/Southwark Park Road). Riding several abreast, doing wheelies, shouting, with a tail of cars behind them. A motorcyclist came really quite far across into the westbound carriageway (i.e. straight towards me in my car) to get around them!! Everything about their behaviour/attitude seemed aggressive and I was glad that my windows were up and doors locked.
Monday 11 September 2017 4.36pm
The same little berks that cause a nuisance outside The Ivy on Potters Field?
Tuesday 12 September 2017 8.06am
The very same!
Tuesday 12 September 2017 8.33am
They got a mention on the radio on Sunday afternoon, James Whale had a run in with the "little scrotes".
Tuesday 12 September 2017 9.26am
Some were on Santander bikes. Can they be blocked from using them?
There must be some sort of ID required.
Tuesday 12 September 2017 12.06pm
Early last week my sister was walking on Jamaica Rd and a lady in front of her was closer to the edge of the platform speaking on her phone and two cyclists snatched her phone off her and cycled off. She ran after them apparently but obviously couldn't do anything! Be careful around the area. Hopefully the cyclists behind them caught them!
Tuesday 12 September 2017 3.09pm
JazzyQ wrote:
Some were on Santander bikes. Can they be blocked from using them?
There must be some sort of ID required.

Santander bikes are individually numbered: reporting this number together with the time of day should to lead to the identification of the person who hired it.

This info would also lead to the docking station where the bike was hired, and the time it was taken: CCTV could possibly show the other members of the gang waiting nearby.
Tuesday 12 September 2017 3.38pm
Thanks Jules62. I will know now what to look for.
It was all bit unexpected on an otherwise quiet afternoon.
I guess the police did this check when they picked them up.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network