ATM in The Cut..a warning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 14 September 2017 5.07pm
My brother tried to withdraw cash from the ATM outside Sainsbury's yesterday. The card got stuck inside the machine, when a helpful bystander advised him to enter his pin number again. Well, he didn't fall for that old trick, he'd seen all of the warnings on tv. He told the assistant at the check out what had happened, and she'd seen the gent too. Bruv dashed home, phoned his Bank who cancelled his card immediately, then 999, who took a description and then sent three officers to have a chat and give the all important crime number. They didn't admonish him for calling the emergency number. By this morning he found out that 500 had been withdrawn.
The culprit looked swarthy, no moustache, a short black beard and wore the ubiquitous grey track suit with hood. My bruv also suspected that two other tidier looking men who just stood around by the ATM were part and parcel too.
Hopefully this brief encounter has been captured by CCTV, then he's been captured by the Police.
The Tesco ATM was also out of order at the same time, so was a bit suspicious that the two should be in that condition at the same time.
And the next trick shall be.......
Thursday 14 September 2017 5.16pm
Sorry to hear this.
My bank suggested only using the ATM's inside the branch which they can keep an eye on. I will definitely never use the ones on The Cut.

Heard about a mugging on Blackfriars Road by a man and a woman working together, then I posted about the scrotes on bikes at the weekend, now this.
SE1 used to feel like a safe place to live????
What is happening?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network