Sushi in S London?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 15 September 2017 2.13pm
Does anyone know of anywhere good for Sushi in and around SE1/SE17?

I remember there was a place near the Bankside M and S a while ago, but it's closed now. So any other suggestions? Bonus points for not ruinously expensive...
Friday 15 September 2017 2.19pm
Itsu Bankside across the road from M&S is still open.
Friday 15 September 2017 3.09pm
Must recommend Wawa on tower bridge road. Slightly odd location, but cannot fault the quality of the food. Have been going for a few years and it has been consistently good. In terms of price, it has got more expensive in recent times, but feel it is justified as I haven't found anything else that matches it in SE1
Friday 15 September 2017 3.11pm
I haven't been to anywhere in SE1/SE17 that does good sushi.
There are the chains, and there's WAWA on TBR (overpriced and not really a sushi place in any case - despite doing a few rolls). There's Bon Bori, but again that has limited sushi options. And also Feng Sushi - again, not really a sushi place.

There's Ichi at the Park Plaza. I've never been there.

For value and quality, I'd go into town (or up to Swiss Cottage) and go to Atari Ya. They import nearly all the fish for nearly all the top sushi places in town in any case.

There are other places for good sushi, but you wouldn't necessarily describe them as cheap.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 15 September 2017 3.22pm
Has anybody tried these places mentioned by google?
- Bonbori Sushi Izakaya, just off Blackfriars Rd, under the arches
- Tanoshi Sushi Sashimi - Walworth Rd
- Hikari Sushi & Noodle Bar - Kennington Rd
Friday 15 September 2017 4.46pm
I also recommend Atari Ya, they are run by Japanese who know their sushi. I used to work for a Japanese trading company and we supplied them with the best fish and seafood you could buy. They have proper deep freezers (that go down to -50degrees C) as it is done in Japan so that the tuna does not to degrade. At the time, they were the only ones to have these freezers in the UK.
Friday 15 September 2017 7.12pm
Thanks all.

I'm a big Atari-ya fan, but hoped to find something a bit more local. Might have to look into some of those suggested here.
Saturday 16 September 2017 9.49am
There's Poppy Hanna, very close to Bermondsey tube station which isn't bad. From memory, they also participate in the Taste Card if you have one of those.
Monday 18 September 2017 1.53pm
- Bonbori Sushi Izakaya
www.bonbori.co.uk

I have eaten here before and enjoyed the food.
It is probably worth knowing that this is also the main kitchen for the FlyingFishSushi (https://www.flyingfishsushi.co.uk/) delivery service.
Sunday 24 September 2017 12.44pm
This may not be what you're looking for, but there is a sushi kitchen at the apex of Kennington Lane & Kennington Park Road that offers home delivery (24 hours notice) and sushi chefs for hire. Worth knowing about if you are entertaining at home/work.
http://www.thesushichef.co.uk
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network