Recycling facilities in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 September 2017 2.35pm
Anyone know of a facility where I can recycle power supplies, USB and telephone cables and assorted leads please? Thanks
Monday 18 September 2017 3.39pm
There was a thread about this recently: link

Apparently there are electrical bins on the City of London housing estates, although I haven't seen them first hand and am not suggesting any non-residents should use them.
There's also an electrical bin over the river near Red Lion Square.

Alternatively you can do what my old flatmate did: just chuck everything and anything in the normal recycling and forget about it. But please don't
Monday 18 September 2017 3.55pm
actually maybe I misunderstood that bit about City of London estates. I was thinking of the Corporation of London estates around SE1 but I think it means in the actual city.
Monday 18 September 2017 4.16pm
Thanks for this.
The Red Lion Square bin is not too far away.
Will try and report back
Monday 18 September 2017 11.38pm
Southwark counci's recycling depot at the Old Kent Road takes all types of electrical stuff - I think you can dispose of more or less anything.
Tuesday 19 September 2017 8.01pm
Eileen wrote:
Southwark counci's recycling depot at the Old Kent Road takes all types of electrical stuff - I think you can dispose of more or less anything.

It does but, for some parts of SE1, takes a lot longer to get to than Red Lion Square and isn't really on the way to anywhere.

I'm looking forward to Jazzy's report re the continued existence of the Red Lion Square bin.
Tuesday 26 September 2017 11.24am
We tend to save them up and then drop off at the OKR centre but I appreciate it's not a convenient location for everyone. Does anyone know the official Southwark line on recycling these items?
Zoe
Wednesday 27 September 2017 7.23pm
I wish we could put them in with mixed recycling
Wednesday 18 October 2017 6.10pm
Feedback on the Red Lion Square recycling facilities.

They take: phones, remote controls, VCR's, Digiboxes, electronic toys, kettles, hairdryers, electric toothbrushes, shavers, small kitchen appliances, irons, small DIY tools, clocks, radios.

They don't take: TV monitors, computers, cookers, washing machines, light bulbs, batteries, anything that will not fit in the bin.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: