MOT garage recommendations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
drj
Wednesday 27 September 2017 11.05am
Hi

I was a (fairly) happy Millenium City Garages customer - once I knew to allow 40 mins + of "Nick" time with interactions I was happy - and just realised that they have closed when I went to book my MOT/yearly service. I'm sad to hear it and I hope John and the other mechanics are all ok.

So - are there any lovely local businesses that people recommend. My motor is a fairly reliable 13 year old sports car - it passes MOT usually with nothing more than a replaced light or some tweaks.

Thanks!

J
Wednesday 27 September 2017 11.39am
They haven't closed, they've moved to King's Bench Street - the railway arches at the far end closest to Webber Street.
Wednesday 27 September 2017 11.41am
No, they have closed. They're in liquidation and owe lots of people lots of money, including other local businesses (source: liquidator's report on Companies House - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03302701/filing-history/MzE4NTI0ODY4OGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0).
Wednesday 27 September 2017 12.05pm
No - good grief. That is a surprise! Wasn't a fan myself, but I thought it was a pretty much thriving business.
drj
Wednesday 27 September 2017 12.49pm
Oh that is a surprise and thanks Gavin for the details

But...

I still need to find a good place for an MOT... any recommendations?
Wednesday 27 September 2017 1.48pm
I use MB Autocheck, on Steedman Street, SE17. Just off Walworth Road opposite the old Heygate estate site.
Been using them for ten years, decent service, nice blokes and all that.
Wednesday 27 September 2017 2.00pm
I use Hopfields on Raymouth Road for MOT and general repairs. I've always found them reliable and fair.
drj
Wednesday 27 September 2017 3.18pm
Thanks all - booked in with MB Autocheck for Saturday - lovely guy on the phone - will leave a review when it gets through.
Wednesday 27 September 2017 8.52pm
Well Nick was Marmite but I always got on with him well. I guess the HMRC went after him, could be Lloyds Bank, who have form in this. Worth noting he is a creditor for nearly 100,000. I think he needed a good accountant to keep an eye on all the invoices flying into various parts of his office.

And thanks for ideas of where else to go.
Thursday 28 September 2017 6.55am
Whatever my personal view on the business, it is always a very sad day when any local business goes under. It represents someone's hard work over many years and has consequences for employees, etc, as well as the other local businesses and other suppliers owed money which they are unlikely to get. Not making any judgment on it, Theedy, but directors are nearly always creditors of a struggling business.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network