Gentrification and Labour

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 27 September 2017 5.27pm
I have to say, I am WELL impressed with the Labour conference. They OOZE confidence and optimism. Hope Neil Coyle brings some of that home...
Wednesday 27 September 2017 6.47pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
I have to say, I am WELL impressed with the Labour conference. They OOZE confidence and optimism. Hope Neil Coyle brings some of that home...

The Coyle is still in complete denial that Corbyn can lead the party to victory, as his begrudging statements following the huge gains made by the Party Leader at the last General Elections amply testify...
Wednesday 27 September 2017 8.03pm
Can't believe my eyes reading this, and earlier seeing Corbyn on Channel 4 news.
Can the sham "regeneration" nightmare be coming to an end?
Am I dreaming?
Too late for some people who have been so cruelly deceived by local authorities and people elected to serve them.
Here is a link to a Guardian article
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/27/jeremy-corbyn-labour-councils-housing?CMP=share_btn_tw
Thursday 28 September 2017 9.42am
Call me cynical, but why would anyone believe anything that any politician of any party says, when we've seen time and time again how they backtrack on their promises and pre-election pledges.
Thursday 28 September 2017 10.05am
Far too much greed in this country for anything to really change.
Even if Corbyn could change things for the better, the vultures will be circling above, biding their time.
Thursday 28 September 2017 11.32am
boroughonian wrote:
Even if Corbyn could change things for the better, the vultures will be circling above, biding their time.

Sad but true, boroughonian. And some of the vultures are in Corbyn's own party.
Thursday 28 September 2017 1.16pm
John C wrote:
boroughonian wrote:

Sad but true, boroughonian. And some of the vultures are in Corbyn's own party.

Indeed, when arguing with a Tory about things/life etc, it's very difficult trying to make them see that we have had Thatcherism since '79.

Look at what we've lost, we'll never get that back. Would Corbyn dare to end right to buy? That's the crux for me. I do like his strategy on suggesting that it should also apply to private tenants, which will never happen but it could be the beginning of the end of RTB.
Thursday 28 September 2017 1.59pm
Just to balance the political viewpoint on this thread, if Corbyn ever got into number 10, this country will have bigger problems than 'gentrification'! I'm not saying what we currently have is any good, but I would argue its better than what could happen if Corbyn and Macdonald were in 10 and 11. Just my opinion, off course.
Thursday 28 September 2017 2.27pm
LukeGrangeWalker wrote:
Just to balance the political viewpoint on this thread, if Corbyn ever got into number 10, this country will have bigger problems than 'gentrification'! I'm not saying what we currently have is any good, but I would argue its better than what could happen if Corbyn and Macdonald were in 10 and 11. Just my opinion, off course.

When has a Conservative government ever inherited a good economy from a Labour one? When has a Labour Government ever inherited a healthy public service structure from a Conservative one?

and around we go....
Thursday 28 September 2017 2.31pm
LukeGrangeWalker wrote:
You could balance the viewpoint by substantiating your comment - Why would this country have bigger problems than gentrification if Corbyn ever got into number 10?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: