Valentina Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 2 October 2017 11.28am
So was walking down shad thames last night and Valentina the restaurant and deli seems to have been cleared out and closed does anyone know what's going on with this ? I frequented this place a lot .
Monday 2 October 2017 4.26pm
Their branch in Reigate has also closed, but other branches are still open.
Monday 2 October 2017 9.31pm
That's sad to hear, they've not been open much more than 2 years and the staff were always so friendly.

I do think it's a difficult location as they didn't have the benefit of being by the riverside - whenever I visited the restaurant it was always very quiet.
Saturday 21 October 2017 4.16am
The owners of Zizzi, Ask and Coco di Mama have applied for a licence for the old Valentina premises:
http://app.southwark.gov.uk/Licensing/LicPremisesAppliedDetails.asp?systemkey=860748

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 21 October 2017 7.57am
Wasn't it Zizzi before ? I really hope it's not another one.
Saturday 21 October 2017 11.21am
Yeah, it was Zizzi before. Pretty boring.
Sunday 22 October 2017 4.19pm
A shame but I'm not surprised. The turnover of staff was ridiculous and after the first year the quality of service and food nose dived. I remember being in there one evening when the staff started to blast Eminem on the soundsystem whilst they shrieked and danced around. Clearly the owners didn't invest enough attention to the quality levels.
Thursday 26 October 2017 7.57pm
Gazzano & Son have bought some of the outlets, but not Shad Thames

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/513702/valentina-fine-foods-closes-half-of-its-sites-following-sale-to-gazzano-and-son

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 26 October 2017 8.27pm
The Valentina chain went into administration and the profitable stores were sold to a team run, it seems, by a former manager.

As there was a Zizzi there before, I suspect its owners are back on the hook for the rent- so they want to open something as opposed to leaving it empty. But it's hard to see how the area needs another chain Italian.. .

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: