Told to remove everything from communal hallways

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Wednesday 11 October 2017 8.26pm
Hi Ladywriter1968,

Once you have uploaded the pics to a file host, you then copy the url and paste in in the field that comes up when you click on the button I mentioned in a previous post.

This is the result:

Perhaps James H can explain how to do this a little better than me (since English isn't my first language)?
Friday 13 October 2017 7.00pm
Jules62 wrote:
Hi Ladywriter1968,
Once you have uploaded the pics to a file host, you then copy the url and paste in in the field that comes up when you click on the button I mentioned in a previous post.

This is the result:

Perhaps James H can explain how to do this a little better than me (since English isn't my first language)?

Hi, I did try but it didnt work.
Friday 13 October 2017 7.05pm
Hi,

Once have uploaded pic to site or dragged it over I just get this..with my pic showing on page. Thats it, of which obviously pic wont show here. There is no extra button to press to put onto here.
..............................................................................................
Upload Your Images

Drag and drop files from your computer to upload them.

Host JPG, GIF and PNG images up to 20MB each. Drag and Drop, browse or upload images from the web. Files are kept until you delete them.

No illegal images. You will be reported to the authorities.

32,456 images uploaded today
Swans.jpg
................................................................................................................
Ladywriter1968 wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
Hi Ladywriter1968,

This is the result:

Hi, I did try but it didnt work.
Friday 13 October 2017 10.12pm
Ladywriter1968 wrote:

Hi Ladywriter1968,

Again, you are posting direct links to the imagehost, and not paring them into the 'insert image' field that pops up once you click on its button here on SE1.

The link you posted, when entered into that field, looks like this:

All this info is in my previous reply: read it carefully and try again...
Saturday 14 October 2017 11.00am
Jules62 wrote:

Hi Ladywriter1968,

Again, you are posting direct links to the imagehost, and not paring them into the 'insert image' field that pops up once you click on its button here on SE1.

Perhaps to clarify - in the little ribbon of buttons above the box in which you write your text (which includes B for Bold, I for italic etc) there's one (fifth one along) that has a little picture of a landscape with a mountain - if you point your cursor at it a little pop-up explains that it means 'Insert image URL'. If you click on it the insert image url field that Jules62 described comes up. (Must admit I've never tried it!)
Saturday 14 October 2017 12.17pm
Fire resistant laminate flooring is the next thing, I think I would agree with that too.

Surely carpets are a big contributor to the spread of fire? A bit more of a hazard than a rubber plant.
Saturday 14 October 2017 12.53pm
Every time I look up at a tower block. private or social, I wonder how I would get out if there's a fire, WELL before Grenfell.
Saturday 14 October 2017 5.04pm
My complaint to Southwark Council:
Shame on you Southwark council for sending a provocatively titled flyer to all residents on my estate entitled: Your Congested Balcony, which immediately is insinuating blame on the resident, most residents donít have any congestion and some may have a lot, but often the congestion referred to may bea plant pot or a door mat. This nastily written flyer from Diana P.ochen and Adama Mansaray is accusatory, badly thought out, lacking in any empathy and hiding behind a charade of fire safety in a punitive manner. They obviously have not learned any lessons from the harrowing and devastating experiences of the Grenfall residents who were treated in a similar condescending manner. We know that caring for flowers or plants in a pot outside your flat is a wonderful nurturing experience for residents without a garden. We know that items on a balcony can be obstructive. We know that devastating fires caused by bad planning provoke knee jerk reactions from civil servants ticking the boxes to avoid blame. I cycled past harbledon house on my way to Rochester house today, all the plants have gone. There has been no protest, anecdotal reasons are that the threat of financial recharges from Southwark Council in that flyer, lack of available affordable legal support to contest, has left residents passive, submissive and ground down unable to afford any protest. My geraniums and my peony are in the car park, I just watered them but feel sad for them.
Saturday 14 October 2017 7.48pm
Hi,

Ok got it finally,, I didnt see the little buttons or note them at first above this part, where it says B and U and I and then the links etc.....
John C wrote:
Jules62 wrote:

Hi Ladywriter1968,

Perhaps to clarify - in the little ribbon of buttons above the box in which you write your text (which includes B for Bold, I for italic etc) there's one (fifth one along) that has a little picture of a landscape with a mountain - if you point your cursor at it a little pop-up explains that it means 'Insert image URL'. If you click on it the insert image url field that Jules62 described comes up. (Must admit I've never tried it!)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: