Told to remove everything from communal hallways

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Thursday 2 November 2017 5.05pm
Hi

Does anyone have a copy of the letter sent to Tabard Gardens re the movement of rubbish in the communal hall way?
We are top floor and have one way out and the flat at the bottom of our exit has all sorts of flammable goods in his 'garden'.
I highlighted this with Mark (Diane's predecessor) last year and was told in so many words he told me he didn't have time to monitor it, he was absolutely useless.

Im sure the letter sent to Tabard Estates states that anything not cleared by the 13th Oct would be removed, to date nothing has been removed. I called Diane this week and told her that I was shocked that as a council they one highlighted the danger and fire risk and two proceeded to not stick to the deadlines they gave themselves and shared with the public. Her response was along the lines that ‘if I hadn’t of received a letter I wouldn’t be bothered’ I told her I raised this over a year ago!
I don’t have the original letter any more annoyingly, so if anyone has one they could post it would be much appreciated
Zoe
Thursday 2 November 2017 8.57pm
It's rather frustrating that for most of us, what we have in the hallways is not a danger in a fire but we will remove it under protest as the council has instructed to, but the council is far too useless to actually take action against patently unsafe rubbish.p and those who don't comply. I don't believe I am safer by the removal or doormats or plant pots. Sprinklers, as has been recommended by a number of inquests, would make us safer.
Friday 3 November 2017 12.50pm
Completely agree! There are a lot more productive measures that could be taking rather than focusing so much time on plants that are not even in an exit and bloody doormats!
Whenever i speak to the council i feel like i am banging my head against a wall! That Diane was practically moaning to me that she was too busy! Ridiculous
Saturday 4 November 2017 7.09pm
I would just like to add thats its ok for my nuisance neighbour to have full fire works in our communal garden with over hanging trees and blocks that surround the garden, When I complained to council before about him doing this they did nothing about it..
Tuesday 7 November 2017 10.47pm
Southwark council must meet us halfway at least with expense inconvenience and install fire sprinklers etc.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: