KFC to replace the Roxy

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Tuesday 28 November 2017 11.31am
goldry wrote:
I am surprised they haven't found a new spot for McDonald's in the area.
Guessing they'll open one in the concourse?

I walked through the tunnel the other night and there were two blokes standing by the escalator eating MacDs, God knows where they got it from.

Anyway, the new KFC is likely to have a devastating affect on the other two chicken shops (that I can think of) on BHS. Every cloud eh?
Wednesday 29 November 2017 8.12am
When it comes to fast food then perhaps you should read up on the salt, sugar and fat content of their offer. They can leave fried chicken, McDonalds, kebab shops and the like in the shade.
Wednesday 29 November 2017 8.17am
goldry wrote:

A group called SSP tend to have railway stations sewn up when it comes to food. That's why you see the Cafe Ritazza, Pasty Shop, Upper Crust and all the other offers so awful they can only ever survive in places, like stations and airports, with captive victims to prey upon. Not as big a closed shop as it used to be, but still pretty awful.
Wednesday 29 November 2017 10.21am
boroughbloke wrote:
When it comes to fast food then perhaps you should read up on the salt, sugar and fat content of their offer. They can leave fried chicken, McDonalds, kebab shops and the like in the shade.

I'll be wearing a helmet and hi vis so I should be fine.

Oh wrong thread ;)

Actually, see my post on Chatter "animal welfare". I don't have wings when I have KFC but I will do some research on that, if they are as I have been experiencing elsewhere then I might think again.
Wednesday 29 November 2017 12.37pm
Jules62 wrote:
Shame to witness yet another cinema closure.
How anyone thought the Roxy was a cinema is beyond me. More a sports bar, where the prime sport was live fights among the customers on a Friday night.
Wednesday 29 November 2017 2.31pm
I agree not everyone wants to have a Pret, EAT, Itsu or some other trendy place for a takeaway. I look forward to treating myself to a KFC when it opens, cheap and cheerful and deep fried yes itís not healthy but itís delicious and a lovely treat occasionally.
Monday 11 December 2017 6.49pm
boroughonian wrote:
goldry wrote:

I walked through the tunnel the other night and there were two blokes standing by the escalator eating MacDs, God knows where they got it from.

Anyway, the new KFC is likely to have a devastating affect on the other two chicken shops (that I can think of) on BHS. Every cloud eh?

I doubt it - chicken shops seem to coexist together quite well in a lot of places. Chicken Cottage is cheaper than KFC and is halal while only some KFCs are so they do cater to a different market.
Monday 29 January 2018 10.06am
Zappomatic wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
goldry wrote:

I doubt it - chicken shops seem to coexist together quite well in a lot of places. Chicken Cottage is cheaper than KFC and is halal while only some KFCs are so they do cater to a different market.

Not sure the Halal thing is that relevant to the success of the place, I would be amazed if the new KFC on BHS is not Halal, to be honest though, I have found that KFC is either really nice or inedible, not judging BHS because I've still not had it, but, it seems that it's all about timing to me, maybe that's takeaways for ya.

Salaam
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network