Has anyone seen Bernie the cat?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 31 October 2017 11.20am
Thank you so much! I just had a text from a lady who is fairly certain she saw him on Grange Walk near Griggs Place on Saturday, so the evidence is growing!
Tuesday 31 October 2017 9.37pm
As that's the area a vet practice is not far from, I'd sugest getting a photo of Bernie put up on their notice board.
People leaving the vets might spot Bernie around, as they're (we're) locals.
Plus, perhaps some of the staff are too?

When my cat went missing some years back, I leafleted the local school as well as neighbours. After a month, one of the observant teachers picked my begraggled cat up and brought him round to me.
Maybe it's worth you considering the leaflet route locally too. Good luck.
Wednesday 1 November 2017 8.37am
I was near Watch House coffee yesterday and I spotted a cat that looked just like Bernie - but it turned out to be his doppelganger! Same fluffy tail and brownish hints in his fur!

It was a disappointment to realise it wasn't him, and of course (even worse!) it means that the cat that a few people have seen might be this other cat, and not Bernie...

The only way to tell them apart is this other cat has a bright zigzag pattern on its collar. Bernie's collar is reflective silver with little black paw prints on it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, they're really good ideas.
Wednesday 1 November 2017 9.58am
Let's hope he found a welcoming place.
Sorry to suggest this but have you tried to contact the council too? In the sad case Bernie was run over... Paul Dev posted in 2013: " if you think your pet has been killed on the road call Southwark Councils dead animal storage unit....020 7525 2417.

Thursday 9 November 2017 8.44pm
I was just wondering did you find Bernie? I hope he is now home safe and sound.
Friday 10 November 2017 10.07am
Sadly not. I've been meaning to post an update, so thanks for your concern. A couple more people have got in touch but it hasn't come to anything. I'm still hoping he'll turn up.
Saturday 25 November 2017 11.00am
kirkwoodbrushes wrote:
Is he micro chipped? I really hope you find him. Not to try and scare you but there is a 'cat killer' still active around London :(
Saturday 2 December 2017 11.05pm
Its surprising perhaps the cat killer hasn't been found yet....more evil and taking of life whether animal or human is obnoxious
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network