Ministry of Sound

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 27 October 2017 10.06pm
Went past the Ministery of Sound this evening and had to walk in the road while traffic was passing due to the ministry having taken up all the pavement with their fencing.
Has Southwark approved this?
It was a very dangerous experience having to walk in the road with traffic passing as the road is very narrow due to the building works opposite.
Saturday 28 October 2017 3.21pm
I am sure Southwark would not have given permission. A friend recently fell over an advertising board on the pavement outside the Elephant and Castle pub. The pub had 3 boards positioned the width of the path blocking pedestrian walkway. Southwark Council have little interest in such things until somewhat is gets hurt and the media show up.
Sunday 29 October 2017 11.07am
When the Fire Station re-opened a year or two ago, they enclosed the majority of the width of the pavement (twice the depth they occupy now), even in the morning 'rush'.

I took photos of pedestrians being forced into the road by the resulting congestion and e-mailed them to Lambeth Council's highways department, highlighting the congestion and danger they were causing, and asking what rights this business has to occupy the public highway.

The problem was resolved pretty swiftly, although I never got an answer to my direct question.

In addition to speculating on here about what might happen if you write to the council, try contacting them, ideally with photo evidence, and see what actually happens. If nothing does, I'm sure the local councilors would be interested.
Sunday 29 October 2017 7.10pm
The barriers outside the Ministry are made of concrete, and were installed to prevent a London Bridge stile terrorist act.

I think the police are behind them, not the cub, nor the council.
Sunday 29 October 2017 8.43pm
Jules62 wrote:
The barriers outside the Ministry are made of concrete, and were installed to prevent a London Bridge stile terrorist act.
I think the police are behind them, not the cub, nor the council.

I'm talking about the mesh fences outside the club , not the concrete barriers.
The ministry had taken up the whole width of the pavement with their mesh fences.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network