Lambeth proposal 2 way cycle lanes Roupell St etc

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Saturday 28 October 2017 6.39pm
I have emailed Lambeth Council re this... the cycle lanes are a mad idea especially the ones at St Thomas's Hospital etc and when patients etc get killed people will rightly opine how awful.! You have been warned!
Sunday 29 October 2017 12.51pm
These are not 'cycle lanes' - no physical works apart from some signs and road markings are proposed.

Personally I think it's awful that tens of thousands of Londoners die prematurely due to poor air quality, and therefore it's vital that we encourage walking and cycling to the utmost extent.

Yes, some cyclists behave inconsiderately, and give everyone who rides a bike a bad name. That is very frustrating for the majority of cyclists. We also should recognise that some pedestrians and motorists also behave inconsiderately.

I admit that it's taken me a long time to get used to looking in both directions when crossing the cycle lane in Blackfriars Road - it still doesn't seem quite 'right' - but objectively pedestrians are at much less risk from cyclists than they are from motor vehicles, and we need to keep a sense of perspective about the relative risks.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 30 October 2017 7.39pm
Well said James.

Fully support two way on Roupell, and elsewhere.
Monday 30 October 2017 11.28pm
Yes poor air quality.agreed BUT a lot of it caused by traffic sitting in line slow frustrating not good for my heart or my recent stroke caused by stress stuck on buses. 211 and 507. Poor passengers and poor bus drivers.. have some compassion James
Tuesday 31 October 2017 9.23am
I don't see how allowing cycle traffic on Roupell St impacts on your health as it gets very little traffic in the first place?
Tuesday 31 October 2017 11.40am
Its not going to hold up many buses, either.
Tuesday 31 October 2017 11.45am
More pedestrian areas would be nice.
Tuesday 31 October 2017 12.20pm
If less people chose to travel by car or bus and more walked or cycled then there'd be less traffic holding up those that do need to travel by car or bus.

Anyway, great idea to encourage more cyclists down a quiet road away from dangerous vehicles.
Tuesday 31 October 2017 2.31pm
Guy's street wrote:
If less people chose to travel by car or bus and more walked or cycled then there'd be less traffic holding up those that do need to travel by car or bus.
Anyway, great idea to encourage more cyclists down a quiet road away from danogerous vehicles.
could take one all day to walk around London though
Tuesday 31 October 2017 2.40pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
More pedestrian areas would be nice.
yes pedestrian areas
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network