Pop up bakers - Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 30 October 2017 10.18am
I walked up the unit today that was previously the pop up bakers, looks like this is becoming a more permanent shop on the street.
Monday 30 October 2017 12.25pm
The St John doughnuts are superb :)
Monday 30 October 2017 1.32pm
Hoping its the same people as the sour dough bread was good to!
Monday 30 October 2017 5.11pm
Their croissants are not always fresh in the morning.
Tuesday 31 October 2017 9.49pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

Indeed, neither was their bread. I didn't think they were very good. Bread at the Giddy Grocer is much, much better.
Wednesday 1 November 2017 8.53am
The bread at Giddy Grocer is the same as Watch House.

Some of the beast loaves you can buy in London.
Wednesday 1 November 2017 8.55am
I saw Comptoir Gourmand are now taking over that location
Wednesday 1 November 2017 11.35am
I agree. Little Pedler is the best bread around. The Giddy grocer have a better offering than the Watchhouse. The wholegrain sourdough is exceptionally good.
Wednesday 1 November 2017 7.28pm
I agree that the Little Bread Pedlar loaves are the best around, and although they are a bit pricey they do last a good 3 or 4 days in our household.

We usually pick up a loaf from The Watch House in Shad Thames but they close before I get home from work so it's a weekend only treat. Good to hear that Giddy Grocer sell them too as they appear to be open much later in the evenings!
Wednesday 1 November 2017 8.42pm
maurits wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

Indeed, neither was their bread. I didn't think they were very good. Bread at the Giddy Grocer is much, much better.

Where I come from, bakers begin their working day at 04:00, and by 06:00 have delivered to their clients (bars, restaurants, food stores etc, or if they also retail directly to the public make it available to their customers.

All of their unsold products (bread and pastries) are thrown out at the the end of the day: it is absolutely out of the question trying to flog them the next day...

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network