Travelling to Work via London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 18 May 2002 7.30am
Why does me old mate Ken Livingstone ( sorry must not say 'old' when referring to seior management!) do something about::-

A) Reinforcing the red line parking restrictions approaching London Bridge.

(the wardens are quick enough when it suits them to ticket cars which are causing no obstructions in small streets ) The exception to that of course is Bartholomew Street where some pratt agreed to the equivalent of a transport cafe, lorries, buses ,coaches, scafoldlorries, council lorries a.a. vans park there all day and the warden rarely tickets them, unless he/she's new. My neighbours keep telling me that they are 'treated' to a breakfast or other for turning a blind eye, but if you are parking there at ten past six at night when the cafe has closed you will get a ticket! the cafe by the way is open seven days a week 364 days a year, they earn a fortune lets hope they pay their rates and rent for the shop to the council!

B) Ensuring deliveries which involve large lorrie, cranes, building material to be made in the evening or week-ends, especially in Moorgate and just over London Bridge. The roads are only two lanes at the best of times.

C) Get the dustcarts to do their collections ar the week-end in the city. These large corporations can afford to give someone a bit of overtime at the week-end to ensure the rubbish is collected then.
Monday 20 May 2002 7.22pm

I live at Borough High Street and have to pay for a private company to collect the rubbish for my block. My service charge is already nudging three grand a year - if you want to pay the extra for dustmen to come round on Saturday so that you can drive to work easier, that's fine by me, but don't expect me to shell out for you to have a clear run.

Wednesday 22 May 2002 7.39am
Ralph, I did say in the city....and as for driving I'm not safe to be on the roads, I bus in.
As for your service charge it seems a lot... you must live somewhere really nice, I'd like to know what your council tax is!
Wednesday 22 May 2002 2.14pm
As for jan's comments i wish all it cost me was a breakfast in a dingy cafe to stop the bloody wardens from giving me tickets. 560,00 already this month.
Wednesday 22 May 2002 2.33pm
did you upset them! or like my daughter parked 11inches over onto a yellow line near Guys where she was visiting her dad in hospital, we had to pay to have the clamp removed.....the car was in a deserted street, not causing an obstruction or anything....
Wednesday 22 May 2002 3.00pm
well my heart goes out to her truly. they don't seem to care about anyone or thing. Although it is illegal to do it if it haappens again if you jack the car up you can remove the clamp youself

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: