Tower Bridge Road/Bricklayers fatality

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 June 2004 11.07am
outside the costcutters at end of tower bridge road there is bouquets of flowers tied to a pole, for a man that died, any idea what has happened. There's been two murders in three months and a stabbing......i just wanted to know, what has happened and whether it was an accident

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 21 June 2004 11.17am by James Hatts.
Monday 21 June 2004 11.16am
your not thinking about the poor little boy who died following incident with the road sweeper?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 21 June 2004 11.17am by James Hatts.
Monday 21 June 2004 11.28am
i'm not sure, i was away for weekend and came back yesterday and there are flowers outside the lloyds
Monday 21 June 2004 11.49am
It's probably what Jan said. The flowers appear now and then, always in the same place and have always been for the lad who died a couple of years back.
Monday 21 June 2004 11.53am
The notes with the flowers were as if addressed in memory of a young lad. Saw them when we walked past on Sunday.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 28 June 2004 9.17am
Whilst waiting in the queue at Lloyds cashpoint, an elderly gentleman decided to tell me the story about the flowers and the little boy who died 8 years ago, when he ran out of a store, where the Hartley is, and was run over. He would have been 16 this year, and his grandparents put flowers out every year in his memory.

Monday 28 June 2004 9.34am
No - he was riding a bike and the wheels got caught in the wire brushes and dragged him under - I did not think it was eight years ago though, about 3 or 4 I think, apparently the driver did not see him - drivers blind spot....very sad.
Monday 28 June 2004 9.45am
Bless the old man - probably senile!
Monday 28 June 2004 9.58am
I have my moments too!
Monday 28 June 2004 10.04am
You're not alone there - I have too many moments too.... :(

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: