Fireworks attacks in Elephant + Castle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 31 October 2017 10.56pm
What can be done against fireworks being fired at people?

It has been happening in the Elephant + Castle area at evenings in recent days, fireworks fired horizontally by a youth gang, from the open area east of Elephant & Castle station, from St Mary's Churchyard playground, and other open areas nearby.

I don't know how dangerous it is, but it's certainly frightening, initially I thought it's a shotgun being fired.
Thursday 2 November 2017 10.46am
There was a poor kid on tv this morning who was badly burnt by a firework (it fell over in a home display) so they can definitely cause injury.
Thursday 2 November 2017 11.25am
I've experienced that too, not pleasant, but not sure the police would bother investigating until someone gets hurt.
They were also firing at trees, surely not good either.
Thursday 2 November 2017 8.52pm
It's probably worth emailing the local councillors about and they can ask the anti social behaviour team to get involved. It's probably quite hard to catch though.
Tuesday 7 November 2017 10.50pm
All fireworks and displays should be canceled forthwith. They are all a pain in the rear
Wednesday 8 November 2017 12.16am
What you've described are criminal offences ( not merely antisocial behaviour. But the police will be stretched no doubt
Wednesday 8 November 2017 10.14am
The other day there were two police cars in the main square in E&C outside the Northern Line entrance and just across the road by the LCC somebody was launching fireworks undisturbed...
Wednesday 8 November 2017 10.54am
If they had a knife they would have been arrested...instead of being nicked for firing the equivalent of incendiary device into traffic or people!
Wednesday 8 November 2017 11.08am
We need more Police. For that to happen, we have to get rid of the party of law and order, ironic.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network