New buildings on Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 10 November 2017 3.52pm
Question

Does anyone know what the new building on Long Lane is going to be?

Its the one that is next to the fish and chip shop there's a huge crane there at the moment been trying to find information regarding the building, but cant seem to find anything

just curious is all
Friday 10 November 2017 4.39pm
If you know the address just do a search on the Council's planning register for any application.
Friday 10 November 2017 11.44pm
thats the thing i cant find the address either

sorry new to the area so not great with the addresses yet (i know thats bad)
Saturday 11 November 2017 7.11am
As far as I know they are building/converting into flats and houses on that space.
Saturday 11 November 2017 9.29am
at risk of being facetious - it will be luxury appartments with the promise of a waitrose at ground floor level that sadly will be turned into something a bit less glamorous
Sunday 12 November 2017 3.17pm
Old Oyez legal printing building and Fogdens groceries and Oil shop side by side....not helping I know! Just reminding myself what was there in Forties, well Fogdens was, then Oyez in fifties...
Monday 13 November 2017 7.58am
really?

you sure you understand where i mean? do you think people will buy luxury apartments if they look onto the estate behind them (DUNKIRK HOUSE) and the fish and chip shop?

The luxury apartments i know about are the TAPPER BUILDING further up just over the road from Sainsbury

A Waitrose on Long Lane my god it certainly is going up in the world
Monday 13 November 2017 8.24am
londonrocks wrote:
really?
you sure you understand where i mean? do you think people will buy luxury apartments if they look onto the estate behind them (DUNKIRK HOUSE) and the fish and chip shop?

The luxury apartments i know about are the TAPPER BUILDING further up just over the road from Sainsbury

That section of Long Lane is full of 'luxury apartments' looking out onto the various older estates (as is the case all over London), so I'm not sure why it would be any different in that specific location.
Monday 13 November 2017 11.11am
Guy's street wrote:
londonrocks wrote:
really?

That section of Long Lane is full of 'luxury apartments' looking out onto the various older estates (as is the case all over London), so I'm not sure why it would be any different in that specific location.

I only say it because im from Wimbledon originally never known Luxury apartments next to a little row of shops and a Fish and chip shop thats all.

I know the 2 georgian town houses are being restored back to 4 bedroom homes with ERA features but trying to figure out what the building is next to them. Surely they cant build flats there looking over the gardens of the 2 houses (i dont know)
Monday 13 November 2017 11.45am
londonrocks wrote:
Guy's street wrote:
londonrocks wrote:
really?

I only say it because im from Wimbledon originally never known Luxury apartments next to a little row of shops and a Fish and chip shop thats all.

I know the 2 georgian town houses are being restored back to 4 bedroom homes with ERA features but trying to figure out what the building is next to them. Surely they cant build flats there looking over the gardens of the 2 houses (i dont know)

You've lost the "estate" that they overlook. When all this started, I, who live in Social Housing, was aghast at where they were building private blocks and I would ask anyone that would listen to me, "who's going to buy there?", places next to the roughest (looking) estates.
I suppose it's quite refreshing that people aren't as snobby as you and I thought. ;)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: