Southwark Fire Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 14 November 2017 7.09pm
I never realised how big the site was. Is the old training quadrangle included? What absolute bargain for developers. Where is nearest fire station after this?
Thursday 16 November 2017 2.36pm
Jan the old one wrote:
I never realised how big the site was. Is the old training quadrangle included? What absolute bargain for developers. Where is nearest fire station after this?

Off the top of my head Jan, wearing my retired Black Cab driver’s hat, I would have said Dowgate Fire Station, Lower Thames Street, just over Southwark Bridge, then perhaps Dockhead Station, Wolseley Street, Bermondsey, but time and London’s planners wait for no man, especially old taxi drivers, so maybe those ones have closed since I was one of London’s finest.
Friday 17 November 2017 1.50pm
Thank you Tom...lets hope a major fire does not happen before they all close!
Saturday 18 November 2017 12.31am
The fire station has already closed.
Sunday 19 November 2017 12.36am
Eileen wrote:

Which one do you mean Eileen?
I so much wanted to say, “Come on Eileen, which one closed?”
Eileen ta roo la ray.
Sunday 19 November 2017 1.18am
Tom Pepper wrote:
Eileen wrote:
Which one do you mean Eileen?
I so much wanted to say, “Come on Eileen, which one closed?”
Eileen ta roo la ray.

Wish I had a pound for every time someone sings/says that Mr Pepper, I'd be a rich woman lol - and listening to the lyrics, Eileen was a bit of a goer and a good time girl - would I want to be likened to her in my long forgotten youth?...you bet!

Anyway, I digress - The Fire Station that has closed is the one on Southwark Bridge Road.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: