Seven Stars Chinese Takeaway

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 14 November 2017 10.17pm
Tonight i order a meal from the seven stars chinese takeaway in east street, special curry & egg fried and because there min order is £12 so i added 2 x spring roll to make it up to £15, an hour went by and i had still not recieved my order so i phoned them the girl told me that it would be with me soon but they are just waiting for the congestion charge to finish in 1/2 hours time, this is terrorable so if you want a takeaway from the seven stars in east street market you have to wait until the congestion charge. i would not recommend this takeaway !!
Wednesday 15 November 2017 1.46pm
They should have told you first Wayne , but if the food is being delivered in a car rather than a van the congestion charge I think is about ten pounds, and that's a lot of money for a small business to absorbed. Just saying...
Wednesday 15 November 2017 2.44pm
Jan the old one wrote:
They should have told you first Wayne , but if the food is being delivered in a car rather than a van the congestion charge I think is about ten pounds, and that's a lot of money for a small business to absorbed. Just saying...

And if delivered by motorcycle (as is common with most meal deliveries), there is no congestion charge whatsoever...
Wednesday 15 November 2017 3.01pm
In that case their website should state they only deliver within the CC zone after 6pm Monday to Friday. Although there's something odd about the timings in the first post, because the restaurant (according to their website) doesn't open until 5pm. The order would have had to be placed at 4.30pm, 1/2 hour before they even opened, if an hour later there was still 1/2 hour to go before the CC ended. Perhaps I've misunderstood something though - it has been known!!
Wednesday 15 November 2017 7.34pm
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Seven Stars is my favourite Chinese. They have a four star hygiene rating and Iíve never had a bad experience. Donít write them off!
Thursday 16 November 2017 4.09pm
suziq wrote:
In that case their website should state they only deliver within the CC zone after 6pm Monday to Friday. Although there's something odd about the timings in the first post, because the restaurant (according to their website) doesn't open until 5pm. The order would have had to be placed at 4.30pm, 1/2 hour before they even opened, if an hour later there was still 1/2 hour to go before the CC ended. Perhaps I've misunderstood something though - it has been known!!

When I looked just now they aren't promising a delivery in less than 45 mins, so ordering before they open at 5 would mean just before CC finishes. So hopefully they've taken your feedback on board.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network