Looking for wheelchair friendly restaurants near to St Thomas Hospital

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 November 2017 7.01pm
Hi

Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations for a group lunch. Some of us use wheelchairs and others have difficulty walking so we are hoping to find a nice restaurant for Xmas lunch - wheelchair friendly (including the loos as we will want a couple of bevvies) and within a short walk of St Thomas Hospital. Hope you can help.

Fingers crossed for lots of ideas.

Thanks everyone
Friday 17 November 2017 10.49am
Well, I've just been to an induction on the York rd works and decided to walk along the river
afterwards.

Behind County Hall is a Mediterranean restaurant, I stuck my head in and asked if they had disabled toilets and they do. I have no idea what the grub is like or the prices but you could look them up. It has easily rearrangable tables. I think it's called Troia, it's as close as you're going to get.
Friday 17 November 2017 1.02pm
Maybe try the restaurant Joel's Brasserie, it is inside the Plaza building on Westminster bridge roundabout, as it is only a couple of years old, I would expect it to have wheelchair access.
I think Gillsray's steakhouse inside the County Hall has access and it has fab views of the wheel (no pun intended) and big Ben (well camouflaged Big Ben now).
Friday 17 November 2017 2.38pm
Thanks so much Boroghonian and Connie - I will check out all your suggestions with my fingers crossed.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network