Rail works charing cross. Waterloo east etc

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 5 December 2017 5.26pm
Suziq,

As far as I can make out from their diagram what I have said applies to the track as far as Gambia Street/the viaduct in Union Street, that is where the highest noise levels will apply -known as site one.

Site two extends to Southwark Bridge Road where low to medium noise levels will occur.

Site three which extends to Borough Market will also endure noise at the highest levels with continuous working over the 24 hour periods of 22nd-27th December.
I am sure Southwark Cathedral will welcome such accompaniment to the carols and services especially midnight mass.
Wednesday 6 December 2017 11.38am
Thanks for that - makes sense now, unpleasant sense, but sense. I'd be interested to know how Network Rail decides who should be notified, as their present system seems slightly random.
Tuesday 2 January 2018 10.33am
Well, that went much more quietly than I had hoped for. I didn't hear any noise at all, but then I did go away for the three days 24/25/26 so although I may have escaped any untoward noise others may not have done so.

Happy New Year everybody and may 2018 be all that you hope it will be.
Tuesday 2 January 2018 10.46am
Lucky you! We got it in QH, even though we were never advised of any noisy works, from the night of Friday 22nd December until Wednesday 27th. My last question still stands - how does Network Rail decide who 'deserves to be advised'?

Happy New Year everyone!
Tuesday 2 January 2018 11.46am
Thebunhouse wrote:
Well, that went much more quietly than I had hoped for. I didn't hear any noise at all, but then I did go away for the three days 24/25/26 so although I may have escaped any untoward noise others may not have done so.
Happy New Year everybody and may 2018 be all that you hope it will be.
yes.. certainly quieter my end.. could get used to this... Happy New Year.. and trust London Bridge station is all we hope it will be also.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network