New gym in Tribecca Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 November 2017 5.13pm
There's a new gym being built in Tribecca Square, is it for public consumption? I imagine it would be quite expensive.
Tuesday 28 November 2017 6.41pm
Take no notice, Mrs b informs me it's the one above Sainsbury's.
Tuesday 28 November 2017 9.18pm
The gym in question is located in what was once known as Tribeca Square but since re-named Elephant 1. Entrance is in the newly created Eastern Walkway. The postcode doesn't even yet show up on Google Maps.

It's a Gymbox franchise, and they want your money, so yes: it is for public consumption (by those who can afford it).
Tuesday 28 November 2017 9.31pm
‘Elephant One’ is old hat now - I think ‘Elephant Central’ is the current name.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 28 November 2017 10.11pm
James Hatts wrote:
‘Elephant One’ is old hat now - I think ‘Elephant Central’ is the current name.

Yeah: that location has been given more names than Spinal Tap has had drummers...
Tuesday 28 November 2017 10.27pm
Jules62 wrote:
The gym in question is located in what was once known as Tribeca Square but since re-named Elephant 1. Entrance is in the newly created Eastern Walkway. The postcode doesn't even yet show up on Google Maps.
It's a Gymbox franchise, and they want your money, so yes: it is for public consumption (by those who can afford it).

I was offered a job there, the address they gave me was Elephant rd. I just typed in the post code on streetmap and it just comes up showing the E&C area, no arrow.

I thought it would be expensive.
Tuesday 28 November 2017 10.42pm
What about the new cinema? They said there would be a cinema!
Tuesday 5 December 2017 5.41pm
Cinema isn’t happening there: it’s now planned (allegedly) for the shopping centre development.

It’s indeed a GymBox opening the end of Feb, there’s a presales centre at present. To me looks overpriced for what it will be at c£68pcm for onegym access, maybe it’ll be better than the presales suggest.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network