Buffer zone to stop anti abortion protests

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Zoe
Thursday 30 November 2017 8.33pm
I'm thrilled to see that southwark is in favour of taking action. Particular thanks to Cllr David Noakes for pursuing it.
Friday 1 December 2017 4.46pm
Buffer zone is not enough. I'm all for free speech but the anti-abortionists take the proverbial.
Friday 1 December 2017 8.08pm
Have these anti abortion protester ever been in positiion of being pregnant and through circumstances are not able to bear a child?

Do they want a return to the days where knitting needles stuck into womb, drinking hot gin in hot bath,noxious substances obtained from herbalist to perform a termination..or even worse having lifebouy soapy suds inserted through in womb via thin plastic. By a person who would who give wo antibiotics before you left. All this procedure going on they never told you what would happen next..arranged by in doctor Clark, FULham 7777 . And cost 30.

Women all over world would be desperate enough to try the above . If I was a shopkeeper and placed signs , eating tables etc. On the pavement the council will force them to remove the blockage! So what's the difference..people or solid objects what's the difference?
Friday 1 December 2017 8.16pm
I'm a man, so I have never been pregnant and therefore never had to consider my options in the case of an unwanted pregnancy.

I can only imagine how harrowing it must be for an expectant mother to seek help and advice in such a case.

Having gangs of these pro-lifers hanging around clinics that offer advice on termination (as well as carrying out the procedure itself), harassing patients and staff, is insensitive, cruel, and arrogantly self-righteous: I welcome any steps taken to stop them adding to the distress of these women and the people who help them.

On another note, at least they aren't shooting guns or planting explosives like some of their American counterparts...
Friday 1 December 2017 9.21pm
Not enough for me either.

I do have a problem with adults using retrospective contraception, I'm not going to lie, but the nasty pictures and banners have to go too in my view. Children should not have to see that.
Zoe
Friday 1 December 2017 9.52pm
Well luckily there isn't really much evidence that women are having abortions as retrospective contraception, so you'll be pleased.
Friday 1 December 2017 10.17pm
Don't be ridiculous.
Saturday 2 December 2017 11.31am
Zoe wrote:
Well luckily there isn't really much evidence that women are having abortions as retrospective contraception, so you'll be pleased.

Agree 100%.
Saturday 2 December 2017 11.33am
boroughonian wrote:
Don't be ridiculous.

It's you that's being laughed at mate.
Saturday 2 December 2017 12.15pm
I think when the terminations became a lawful act Boroughian there were a few women who did use terminations as contraception. I had a termination when surgery having a large lump removed from my leg became infected.. I had to have massive amounts of variety of drugs pumped into me. I went to have a termination . And six weeks later went to hospital as my I.U.D was coming out. When one doctor supervising queried the reason the device had moved, the female doctor said......it's because these women who have terminations we get a coil fitted quickly! So they can't get pregnant AGAIN...I told her in no uncertain terms I'd already taken precaution by having the coil! She was not happy...and her colleague was poking his tongue out at her behind her back.

In ideal world every one would able to restrict their family size, in the sixties I think The Pill was six shillings...I could go on this subject for years, but it would make you weep!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network