Buffer zone to stop anti abortion protests

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Saturday 2 December 2017 2.08pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Don't be ridiculous.

It's you that's being laughed at mate.

I don't mean to offend anybody with my views on this and I do not shove them down people's throats, I have said before that I am uneasy about the whole thing, including my views believe it or not. But abortion is retrospective contraception, I'm not saying that there are never extenuating circumstances and I fully take on board Jan's points, I've mentioned on another thread about an instance of a back street abortion that went awry.

It's clear to see that it's not just Pro Lifers that are self righteous and arrogant!

I hate militants of all persuasions.

Are you sure you meant it when you said that everyone was entitled to their views? Mate.

EDIT: I also cannot stand the puerile people that bring attitudes from other threads by the way. Bring back Orione.
Saturday 2 December 2017 2.26pm
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Don't be ridiculous.

I don't mean to offend anybody with my views on this...

Your "I do have a problem with adults using retrospective contraception" comment suggests otherwise. If you have something to say, just come out with it, don't hide behind innuendo.
Saturday 2 December 2017 2.29pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Don't be ridiculous.

Your "I do have a problem with adults using retrospective contraception" comment suggests otherwise. If you have something to say, just come out with it, don't hide behind innuendo.

Adults not taking responsibility and acting like adults. There, I've said it.

Hide, moi?
Saturday 2 December 2017 2.33pm
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Don't be ridiculous.

Adults not taking responsibility and acting like adults. There. I've said it.

That wasn't difficult now, was it. Anyway, society had that conversation in the 70's, we've moved on a bit since. Which explains why some feel they have to resort to gory pictures and others to innuendo to express their disapproval.
Saturday 2 December 2017 2.38pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Don't be ridiculous.

Adults not taking responsibility and acting like adults. There. I've said it.

That wasn't difficult now, was it. Anyway, society had that conversation in the 70's, we've moved on a bit since. Which explains why some feel they have to resort to gory pictures and others to innuendo to express their disapproval.

Apparently not. And I do believe that I am the only person, on all threads, that has expressed a concern for people, especially children, that shouldn't have to see those gory pics, including on this very thread. Your desperation to have a pop at me is making you look a bit of a militant, I hate them, have I mentioned that?

EDIT: While I'm at it, I would also take loud speakers away and certainly cameras, though the latter may be within the law, the former could, at least, be deemed a noise nuisance.
Saturday 2 December 2017 3.06pm
boroughonian wrote:
Your desperation to have a pop at me is making you look a bit of a militant, I hate them, have I mentioned that?

I do get that you dislike me, yes, for whatever reason.
Zoe
Saturday 2 December 2017 6.23pm
I don't think I'm being self righteous, arrogant or militant, I simply object to the suggestion that women are having abortions freely as a form of contraception. Women have ethics and morals just like the other half of the population and don't just rush into abortions willy nilly. The anti abortionists often claim this, to suggest that women are not responsible enough to make the decision, but I'm a grown up and I will make decisions about my own body. This is why I feel strongly about it.

I also wanted to mention that Abort67 regularly stood outside our estate and got into arguments with our residents, which led to police action. They are actually quite violent and got very physical with residents who objected to them. After we had a counter protest several of them followed me when I went to get my bike (but backed off when they realised I wasn't going to easily back down). These people are bullies and need to be prevented from bullying women accessing healthcare.
Saturday 2 December 2017 6.40pm
All very unpleasant.

boroughnian, your suggestion that women in general use abortion as some form of post coital birth control is deeply offensive to most women in the UK. You are free to your own views, of course, but you might want to think twice before articulating them and defending them as you have.
Saturday 2 December 2017 10.54pm
Bullies come in all shapes and sizes... We may have had this discussion in the 70s etc but free speech is essential from whichever quarter it comes and I will be free also to point out the error of your ways as you will mine and so and so forth...
Saturday 2 December 2017 11.55pm
Paramount wrote:
...free speech is essential from whichever quarter it comes...

Yes, I already said that.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network