Buffer zone to stop anti abortion protests

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Sunday 3 December 2017 12.01am
Zoe wrote:
I simply object to the suggestion that women are having abortions freely as a form of contraception. .

Absolutely. It's a moronic, malicious and ultimately pointless suggestion and based on the same rationale that motivates the anti-abortionists, in my opinion.
Sunday 3 December 2017 8.52am
Disturbing subject abortion.... as euthanasia etc .....but generally speaking medics raison d etre is to save life not destroy it......

Cotswolds 12
Sunday 3 December 2017 12.59pm
Paramount wrote:
Disturbing subject abortion.... as euthanasia etc .....but generally speaking medics raison d etre is to save life not destroy it......

It's more to help people as far as I see it. Who makes the ultimate decision to turn off a life support system? Not the medic.
Sunday 3 December 2017 4.27pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:

It's more to help people as far as I see it. Who makes the ultimate decision to turn off a life support system? Not the medic.

Nor some deity.
Sunday 3 December 2017 4.54pm
Paramount wrote:
I'm glad paramount you said 'generally' medics raison d'etre is to save life. My mother had a small stroke, she was 88 it affected her speech and swallowing, the said they would arrange for her to have peg fitted then changed their mind. Only when we had a meeting with palliative nurse who said it was a gentle way to die! Yeah that's the way to go gently in the dark night,stomach acid eating into your stomach.brother threatened to sell house,the hospital agreed to perform. My mum lived near three and half years more. Watching telly and running down her sisters, still three sisters acting like 5, 6, 8!
Or when husband was ill saw Nfr..DNR ..on notes. He died several years later! As on the subject of abortion , if a doctor or nurse really had strong feeling about being involved I would understand why not, but they should be moved from gynae ward. Perhaps to A and E where women are admitted bleeding to death from illegal abortions or sepsis!
Sunday 3 December 2017 5.29pm
Another thing I said on previous threads, was that if there were "abortions on demand" in the early 60s, I wouldn't be here. That never went anywhere with you lovely people. No matter what you think of me, it means my children wouldn't be here either and I would put them up against anyone in terms of altruism. That wasn't given as a reason to ban abortions, it was given to explain my reservations, which is all I have. It's clearly too much for you doyens of free opinion.

Thank you and good night.
Sunday 3 December 2017 5.45pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Zoe wrote:
I simply object to the suggestion that women are having abortions freely as a form of contraception. .

Absolutely. It's a moronic, malicious and ultimately pointless suggestion and based on the same rationale that motivates the anti-abortionists, in my opinion.

No, you are the moron here. I worded it a way that makes people think about it. Tell me what it is if not retrospective contraception. I could have used much stronger words, I guess that seperates me from the militants, not that you will see that, being a militant and all.
Sunday 3 December 2017 5.47pm
boroughonian wrote:
I worded it a way that makes people think about it.

If you say so.
Sunday 3 December 2017 5.58pm
boroughonian wrote:
Another thing I said on previous threads, was that if there were "abortions on demand" in the early 60s, I wouldn't be here. That never went anywhere with you lovely people. No matter what you think of me, it means my children wouldn't be here either and I would put them up against anyone in terms of altruism. That wasn't given as a reason to ban abortions, it was given to explain my reservations, which is all I have. It's clearly too much for you doyens of free opinion.
Thank you and good night.

You speak about altruism yet you appear to base your opinion on personal experience, which makes it subjective, which is a bit tricky when opining on an issue that affects a massive amount of individuals for an equally large number of reasons. True altruism usually involves seeing beyond one's personal interests.
Zoe
Sunday 3 December 2017 6.00pm
It's not for anyone to comment on someone else's choices. I would never presume to form a judgement on someone who chooses euthanasia, they and their family have their own journey and it's their decision. Abortion is the same, it's not for someone to presume to comment on the choice of another, it's their life and their decision.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network