Buffer zone to stop anti abortion protests

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Sunday 3 December 2017 7.57pm
Zoe wrote:
It's not for anyone to comment on someone else's choices. I would never presume to form a judgement on someone who chooses euthanasia, they and their family have their own journey and it's their decision. Abortion is the same, it's not for someone to presume to comment on the choice of another, it's their life and their decision.
. What about the choice and feelings etc of the foetus?
Sunday 3 December 2017 9.21pm
Paramount wrote:
What about the choice and feelings etc of the foetus?

Is it capable of making a choice? Does it have feelings? That is something the woman concerned will have to deal and live with.
Monday 4 December 2017 12.44pm
Paramount, your childish comment makes you sound like one of Abort67; that's exactly what they said to me during one of their protests. You don't seriously think an embryo can think do you? Anyway, I for one am very pleased that this group of people will be told to back off; they are a nasty, hypocritical bunch of people who champion the rights of an embryo but argue against the rights of a thinking individual. Yes, abortion is a difficult subject. Imagine if you had to make a decision between taking a pregnancy to full stage or give birth to an incurably sick, disabled child, or to continue with the pregnancy for a child you just can't afford. I am grateful that condoms, the pill and the coil worked for me and I never had to make such a difficult decision, but glad that if they hadn't worked, I would not have had to have a child. Having said that, people must be allowed to have an opinion. It is whether they judge that is more important.
Zoe
Monday 4 December 2017 9.36pm
Abortion is only allowed in the UK up to 24 weeks, when a foetus isn't viable, i.e. it would die. I know quite a few women who have had to have an abortion as it put their lives at risk. If we took the view that the foetus came first, actual living women would die for something that isn't viable to live. If you take that view you hate women and think their lives don't matter.

I also, again, object to the suggestion that women have no ethics and don't consider either the baby they are carrying or the impact of their decision. There is no world in which an abortion isn't a horribly painful decision and those who presume to comment on women's decisions appear to think their right to comment and tell women what to do is greater than a woman's rights over her own life.
Friday 15 December 2017 9.18am
Karen I wrote:
Paramount, your childish comment makes you sound like one of Abort67; that's exactly what they said to me during one of their protests. You don't seriously think an embryo can think do you? Anyway, I for one am very pleased that this group of people will be told to back off; they are a nasty, hypocritical bunch of people who champion the rights of an embryo but argue against the rights of a thinking individual. Yes, abortion is a difficult subject. Imagine if you had to make a decision between taking a pregnancy to full stage or give birth to an incurably sick, disabled child, or to continue with the pregnancy for a child you just can't afford. I am grateful that condoms, the pill and the coil worked for me and I never had to make such a difficult decision, but glad that if they hadn't worked, I would not have had to have a child. Having said that, people must be allowed to have an opinion. It is whether they judge that is more important.
This is a NONSENSE!!! The Bible says God has known us BEFORE the foundation of the world and before being formed in our Mothers wombs! Get it???
Friday 15 December 2017 9.45am
Paramount wrote:
NONSENSE!!! The Bible says God has known us BEFORE the foundation of the world and before being formed in our Mothers wombs! Get it???

Top quality arguments right here! Ironic. How on earth can you shout nonsense then expect someone to respect your views on what you think the Bible says?

Personally, I wasn't sure on my stance here and did not say anything, but I think I will be fully supporting these buffer zones. I also think they should be listed as extremists with potential risks to public safety if they have to be pushed back when the buffer zones come in.
Friday 15 December 2017 9.50am
IIRC the actual quote is that god CHOSE those who believe, not KNEW?
One of Pauls letters, isn't it?

Often used by the sects of Christianity who assert that salvation is limited exclusively to a subset of chosen people.

Anyway, arguing that something is true because the bible says so is faith not logic.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 15 December 2017 9.59am
Ivanhoe wrote:
IIRC the actual quote is that god CHOSE those who believe, not KNEW?
One of Pauls letters, isn't it?

Often used by the sects of Christianity who assert that salvation is limited exclusively to a subset of chosen people.

Anyway, arguing that something is true because the bible says so is faith not logic.
Yes God does choose. Jacob have I loved. But Esau have I hated.. Predestination.
Friday 15 December 2017 6.55pm
So how does one find out whether one has been chosen?

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 16 December 2017 7.54am
[quote Ivanhoe]So how does one find out whether one has been chosen?[/quote Aye.... there's the rub... indeed... by their fruits mayI mildly suggest.... Good job The Virgin Mary Our Lady. And what a lady! didn't have an abortion.. in her situation... otherwise.. wouldn't we be in a pickle..
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network