Christmas Trees

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Zoe
Sunday 3 December 2017 5.52pm
It would be lovey if we have somewhere to plant Christmas trees, to dig them up every year.
Monday 4 December 2017 9.44am
I got mine from www.christmastreesdelivered.co.uk - they do deliveries in london. It was pricey, but I wanted to go here as I really wanted a Noble Fir tree and I couldn't see one locally. Noble Fir is a really nice tree, beautiful smell with soft needles and a blue / greenish tint. They collect the tree afterwards as well. No connection etc.
Monday 4 December 2017 11.29am
We get ours from Posies florist in The Blue every year. They've always lasted really well with very little needle drop.

We paid 30 for ours on Saturday which I suspect was 6' but may have been classed as 5' (I'm just over 5' and it's a good few inches taller than me). We walked ours home but they do deliver and I'm sure the one time they delivered for us they didn't charge - or it was only a fiver but still worked out cheaper than B&Q.
Monday 4 December 2017 12.41pm
Another vote for the blue market from me. I got a very nice tree there for 30 - maybe 5-6ft with carol singers providing accompaniment. They do deliver locally for free although we took it ourselves this year. Let's support our local marketplace.
Monday 4 December 2017 1.15pm
phuduhudu wrote:
Another vote for the blue market from me. I got a very nice tree there for 30 - maybe 5-6ft with carol singers providing accompaniment. They do deliver locally for free although we took it ourselves this year. Let's support our local marketplace.
I'll bear the Blue in mind for next year. It's a bit far for me and I don't have a car. but delivery sounds like an option. My preferred scenario would be to grow a tree though and bring it in every year.
Monday 11 December 2017 6.44pm
I got a 6 foot Nordman Fir in Lidl on Old Kent Road for 19.99. So far so good!
Saturday 16 December 2017 10.46am
Another shout out for East Street Market. 7-8 ft for 40. If you are driving they are at junction of Browning St and Portland St. Great people - trading there for generations and appreciate the business.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network