Renting out property

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 8 December 2017 1.46pm
After many happy years I am looking to move out and want to rent out my flat in SE1 near Long Lane
Has anyone got any local rental agences they would recommend working with? I constantly get junk mail from a bunch and thought i would seek recommendations...

Thanks
Sunday 10 December 2017 10.28pm
I would happily recommend Independent London and have used them a number of times in the past. They are actually based on Long Lane (just a bit hidden away) behind some gates - between the Sainsbury's and the new Marriot. http://www.independentlondon.co.uk/
Monday 11 December 2017 9.15am
You could try cintacing Justin Inniss at the University of London. They are always looking for property for their students and I've found them to be MUCH better than commercial agents. Also - the university pays you the rent direct NOT the students. It's worked very well for me.
Monday 11 December 2017 10.01pm
I would strongly recommend against letting out to students (esp. undergrads!). I did it once before a long time ago and had a bad experience but thought I'd give them another chance - big mistake! Their parents paid 6 months rent upfront so there was nothing to worry on that front but I generally found them to be naive and a bit clueless about everything. On the occasions I went over to fix something, they always had plenty of friends staying over - and thereby using the sofas as impromptu beds etc. Basically if someone has a central London flat then they'll all just congregate there...
Friday 5 January 2018 1.41pm
Anyone else used Independent London? Or any others local?
Sunday 7 January 2018 5.36pm
Lynn's Lettings, 07889996599, based at the end of Long Lane. www.lynnlettings.london. She's been a local independent letting agent for donkeys. Full disclosure: she's my other half.
Monday 8 January 2018 8.40am
i've used Lynn's Lettings - she's excellent. Expect a highly professional, personalised approach. Nothing is too much trouble for her and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend her.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network