Continued Issues with Communal Heating and Hot Water

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 13 December 2017 6.59pm
Every week we get electronic calls stating our heating and hot water will be switched off due to emergency issues and this has been going on for years. Even now in this freezing winter. At the meeting the engineers to the company involved never showed up to answer residents questions. We are paying for a poor service that is going off every week and at times for several hours. Is anyone else having issues with communal heating???. Its so unfair on residents to be expected to sit and freeze. Just being told by council to go by an electric heater then. I mean people cant have baths or showers or do their washing when they keep switching it off every other day, even when its switched back on it still takes a few hours to heat up again. but they are still happy to take our service charges money for it all though of which we pay on top of our rent. I have previously spoken to an MP but nothing is every done. A neighbour told me this has been going on for years.
Wednesday 13 December 2017 8.09pm
Oh I meant district heating.
Zoe
Wednesday 13 December 2017 9.09pm
Keep trying to get the company there. We had the same problems and pushed to meet the heating company and from that they agreed to sort out some technical issues which then stoped further problems. Just keep trying to arrange to get them there.
Thursday 14 December 2017 7.43pm
i dont run the meetings I just go to them when they give us the dates of them. The local MP cant even do anything.
Zoe
Thursday 14 December 2017 8.04pm
You can organise meetings yourself as a resident, don't wait for the MP!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network